Vidarson

It's not the software.  It's you.

It sounds like you either cobbled together some kind of adapters to jack a guitar directly  into your onboard sound card or recorded  with a built in laptop mic.

Your guitar is out of tune.

Your tone sucks.

Your playing -- well -- you're out of practice. 

Sorry to sound so harsh, but I don't know how to put it gently.  That was painful. 

Edited by Byron Dickens

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2019 at 9:36 PM, Byron Dickens said:

It's not the software.  It's you.

It sounds like you either cobbled together some kind of adapters to jack a guitar directly  into your onboard sound card or recorded  with a built in laptop mic.

Your guitar is out of tune.

Your tone sucks.

Your playing -- well -- you're out of practice. 

Sorry to sound so harsh, but I don't know how to put it gently.  That was painful. 

Haha! I didn't do any effort to perform in any way. The point was to show that the sound I hear when I play projects in bandlab is really bad. It clips constantly, sounds like the sound is running through a lawnmower. The problem is that when I export it to mp3, the sound is OK, so I can't prove my point. That is why I wrote (FIXED). Actually it is not fixed but I don't know how to demonstrate the sound for you guys. Thanks for all the help and comments though. :)

I heard a ton of noise. Sounded like you were using an amp sim. Some of the noise comes from the amp sim just like in real life. If you have the amp sim turned down, the relative noise is louder. You probably want to turn up the amp sim a lot so the signal relatives to the amp noise is better.

As you can see, most of us recognize noise, but aren't sure if it's simulated noise from your amp sim or if it's noise on your input jack.

You can answer this question by just disabling your amp sim. What does it sound like without your effects on? If it sounds pretty good and clean, then part of your issue might be dialing in your amp sound.

Try working with some presets. Do they sound any better?

It is totally possible to play an amp set at 1 out of 12 and record it and hear a lot of amp sound in the recording because the noise from the amp will be very loud relative to the sound from the amp. If you turn the amp up to 11 or 12, (refuse to make the 11 joke), then with the noise roughly the same, the signal of interest is enormously loud.

It may be that your only problem is working on your sound.

Without knowing your signal flow its hard to tell but I bet your issue is electrical grounding. For a long time I had a lot of issues with noise from my guitar processor going into my audio interface and had a hard time isolating the source. Depending on your house and quality of the power lines it can be hard to eliminate. Dimmers on the circuits can also cause noise to get into the power lines.

In my case I got rid of it by using ferrite cores on all my cables and also using this hum eliminator device.  Some PC's are notoriously bad at letting electrical noise get through into your audio interface from. Also ensure you have a common ground for all your plugged in devices.

Hi guys! It's fixed now. 

2 hours ago, scook said:

From the description above it may be too small an audio I/O buffer setting. I did not listen to the audio in the OP.

If running ASIO driver mode use the software supplied by the company providing the driver to adjust the buffer setting.

All other driver modes use the buffer size slider in the Mixing Latency section in preferences.

THATS IT!! (SOLVED!) (FIXED!) I just put the latency up to remove the clicking sound. 

• Like 1