Beatskillz Maharaja Bundle

cclarry

I had gotten this bundle a little while back from Audio Deluxe  . Both of these are very cool and I love them  .

They both sound Fantastic  and I plan on using them more than I have so far .

There's a few quirks I may as well mention as a heads up in case some one does not about them .

I had gotten confused about the product as far as installing it and where I was so posed to keep the  sample Library ...so let me save you some time and head aches  .

The installers come as a stereo out put or  a multi out put format ..each installer  is over a Gig each.I wound up down loading both of each ...multi and stereo ...as per each plug

Both plugs have very large sample libraries   for use how ever you choose to use the samples .

So here's the deal   . The Gigs and Gigs of files / the sample library files are there and are included so you can load them into your 3 rd party Hardware and software VST instruments / samplers . Having those  are awesome and you can download them and place them where ever you decide to have access to them ...

The simple truth is each installer for each plug has the sounds and files / presets within the installation .If you run those you are good to go if you want to not download all the samples until a later date .

I didn't know that so I drove myself crazy for hours trying to figure out how to get the plug to load the samples I had additionally downloaded  as the products  sample library ...      On the Advice  of my counsel Denny Crane ..I'm so posed to say what do you want from me?  I'm a guitar player man LOL

I have loaded some of the sounds I got from this deal in Session Drummer and other drum plugs .

IMHO they sound great .they were worth the sale price of the plugs alone .I love having those samples to use in other programs and VST instruments.

When you run the installer for the plug , the sounds  come installed and mapped already ( Duh ...LOL )

Full disclosure ,for the Life of me I could not figure out how to change individual sounds on each of the pads within either of these 2 plugs . I am willing to be corrected but as far as I can tell I don't believe these two plugs come with the option  to load up and change the samples on each individual pad within a preset . You can change the panning , the volume , and the pitch  of each pad  . 

Anything more please  on this , If you know how to ...let me know ...

All that aside I love these two plugs and the amount of versatility sound wise they bring to the table are  worth the small  quirks .

While I'm at it I need to say these are not mapped out exactly like most drum plugs . You can load them into a Cakewalk or any DAW for that matter and when you go to audition a drum midi file you will be greeted w a resounding silence ...

These 2 plugs seem more in line w the performer that want's to tap beats out w a keyboard   a hardware synth or go hog wild in Abelton Live  ...

For people that want to play a Session Drummer midi or any other 3 rd party mid file through either of these 2 wonderful sounding plugs ..let me tell you the secret hand shake you will have to greet the plug with ...

What you will need to do is take a drum mapped midi file and transpose it up two octaves ...meaning + 24 ...once you do that you will have the beats playing at pretty much their intended  sounds and mappings  .

From what I can tell the drum mapping appears to be a chromatic C scale ...( at + 24 )

Last but not least ins some of the additional product that comes in this bundle you have mid files w traditional beats  for the genre of these  instruments .

It appears to me that there is something going on with those ...format maybe ?

Let me give you an example . In Cakewalk I have my browser pointed to the folder where those additional midi files are stored .

Now in most cases you load a VST instrument  and choose it for your synth preview  ...I had done those steps  and when I went to hear the midi files that came with the bundle  and there was no sound ...when I went to preview them VIA the traditional approach in Cakewalk

So what I did next was this ,  I dragged the midi file from Cakewalks browser into my projects time line . it placed the file some wheres around bar ten in the time line ( every time ) also  the midi file it had a few empty measures before there were actual midi notes showing in the file   showing the midi data for the synth to play ...Hhhmmm, to make the file usable in my project and time line I had to do some cropping  and editing .

Now for the sake of this post , I am not looking to find fault or to complain about these drum instruments ..All this Jazz aside I really like them and I am happy I got them both for around $30 dollars US .

My only reason for writing this long winded post is to offer a possible  solution to anyone who buys these  instruments  and does not have a clue as to some of the  workarounds I am offering here to help save you time   ..

all the best,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Thanks 3

Most DAW's will give you the option of how you want to load the synth , as a stereo or a multi output . Which is the way it's so posed to be .

I installed both the stereo and the multi output versions of these synths on my computer .

This is a heads up for anyone that buys this and installs both the stereo and the multi output version on the same machine .

In Cakewalk I inserted the BollyMaha 2.1  as a simple instrument ( to take these screen shots ).

My first screen capture shows the GUI in Cakewalk by Bandlab ...CFkkFyz.jpg

My second screen capture shows the preset dialog drop down menu . Notice how each preset name has either an (S) or an (M) at the tail end of the description ?

Hl8bJh6.jpg

This becomes very important because if you are using the synth as a stereo plug w a stereo output you will need to choose the preset that has the (S) in the description . If you choose the ( M) while the synth is loaded as a stereo track all the pads will not sound .

I have chosen the preset with the (M) accidentally a few times when I had this loaded up as a simple VST I insert   .

What happened is only the first pad will sound . All other  Pads will be silent . Not the end of The World ...more of a Muse Kill ..until I figured it out ..lol

Here we have the BollyMahara 2.1 loaded up as a Multi  VST 1 w stereo outs in Cakewalk

vqXGO1K.jpg

Here the Pads are mapped out automatically VIA Cakewalk ....I have yet to find a way to have the plug map the outputs to the tracks  I want to send them too.

While I was doing this post I realized I needed to correct something from my last post . In my Cakewalk browser I have the bonus folder w some midi beats and wave loops

The Midi files that Beat Skillz provided as a bonus do not have to be transposed +24 to sound on the correct pads ...

The +24 transposition is for all other non Beat Skillz drum and beats midi files .Sadly the transposition thing at + 24  still needs to be done ..

Yet we still have unfortunately  2 things ...

#1 , when auditioning these midi files in Cakewalk and any other DAW for that matter , the start of the Midi file has a number of bars of the midi file starting w the intro w no data ...  something like 4 or 5 bars before a beat shows up ..In Cakewalk it may take about 15 seconds for the beat to play GGGGRRRRRRrrrLOL

In Reaper I can see the blank space of the midi file ..In Cakewalk for some odd reason it does not show ....

#2 , Here is a screen shot of what happens when I drag a Beat Skillz bonus midi file from Cakewalks browser to the first bar in my time line ..

cNUDq7J.jpg

Notice how it placed the midi file at bar 9 point something ? GGGRRRRrrr number 2 LOL ....

Anyway I'm not looking to knock the product ...I like these drum plugs a lot .

I'm just putting out the info  in case someone here goes for the deal and hits the same stumbling blocks I have  ..

all the best,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2019 at 4:35 AM, balinas said:

I like these samples as well. A few different ways they can be used. I took some favorite samples and made some presets on my HPD20. That way I can just use them without my daw even up and running. At this price, these are good if you have the space. 

Is this what you got ?

hpd-20_top_main.jpg

Looks like a real good match for the BeatSkillz Mararja VST I bundle  ...(+ other assorted percussion /drum sounds )

One of these days I would like to get a hardware controller for doing beats away from the computer ..

all the best ,

Kenny

PS I'm very happy I got this deal .

4 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Is this what you got ?

hpd-20_top_main.jpg

Looks like a real good match for the BeatSkillz Mararja VST I bundle  ...(+ other assorted percussion /drum sounds )

One of these days I would like to get a hardware controller for doing beats away from the computer ..

all the best ,

Kenny

PS I'm very happy I got this deal .

This is exactly what I have!  And for a non-drummer, it is great in being able to knock out a few simple ragas!