CBB Reinstall & Bandlab Assistant

TedPiano

Hi All,

Problem: Need to Completely Uninstall CBB 

Received the following advice from CBB Tech

1) Uninstall Cakewalk by BandLab. This is normally done within the BandLab Assistant app. Go to BandLab Assistant > Apps > Cakewalk by BandLab, click on the arrow on the right side of the tab and select Uninstall. This will not remove any of your plug-ins, project files or audio data.

However, Bandlab Assistant is not recognising my password - I've tried resetting the password but still no luck opening the Assistant

I've added a few screenshots -

The question is - would you remove CBB from the regedit before uninstalling CBB? 

Also the sad part is that CBB is Fatally Crashing whenever I try to use DimPro and other Vst's - however, in Reaper there are no such problems and all Vst's & FX are functioning perfectly - (the only problem with Reaper is that I do not know it that well - guess I'll have to set time aside to go through the instruction videos)

Anyway - any thoughts most welcome

Best

Ed

CBB Assistant No1Capture.JPG

CBB DimPro Fatal Error No1 13.9.19Capture.JPG

This is going to be tough to do Ted if you cant get into your Bandlab account. I would sort that out first and put the Dim Pro issue and everything else on hold.

This might help https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=4&help=Introduction.30.html

From that link:

- In order to install Cakewalk, you must log in to your Windows system as a user who has administrative privileges. Once installed, the program can also be used by users who do not have administrative privileges.

- If system monitoring software, such as anti-virus programs are installed on your computer, you must close them until you have finished installing Cakewalk. You must also remember to close applications that are not shown in the Windows taskbar.

Ted, This is important... Remember to turn all shields off until installs are complete. Especially behavioral shields.

If you want to do a Clean install read here https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034066393-Clean-Install-Cakewalk-by-BandLab

Just take precautions. Don't delete presets, project templates, exc.

Yea, you know the learning curve with any new daw is a tough pill to swallow @TedPiano. I have nothing against Reaper or any other DAW. Hope it gets sorted for you with CbB.

Bandlab support will sort out your account by resetting your password, to fix your log in issue. I can totally understand where your coming from. It sucks when you want to lay down some ideas but instead become invested in trivial problems. Just wish I had some magic answers to get you rolling again with Cakewalk.