Nomad Factory Huge Sale to Celebrate New Wesite

cclarry

Huge deals on Nomad Factory, starting at $9.99. Apparently they want people to know they're "still there", they have a new website, they have updates planned, and they want to fund their programmers like this, or something like that.
Some total no-brainers in there, didn't find them listed at those prices anywhere else so far.

Get the deals: 

https://go.nomadfactory.com/store/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Integral Studio Pack III     99$

Included :

- Analog Mastering Tools
- Analog Signature Pack
- Blue Tubes Dynamics Pack
- Blue Tubes Effects Pack
- Blue Tubes Equalizers Pack
- Blue Tubes Analog TrackBox
- BlueVerb DRV-2080
- Cosmos
- Echoes
- Essential Studio Suite
- Liquid Bundle II
- Magnetic II
- Retrology Motown (Music & Film)
- Retrology British Bundle
- Retrology PulseTec EQs
- Retrology ALL-TECH
- Rock Amp Legends

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did they ever update the Cakewalk/SONAR ones with the fix for sample rates other than 44,100?  I have the Integral Studio Pack so it doesn't effect me, but I'm not sure the Cakewalk version of these got that fix.  I vaguely remember something about the timing being wrong if you were using anything other than 44.1k.  So anything with a time component would be off (delays/etc).

I’ve had Nomad Factory MAGMA for a few years but had actually written it off as impossible to use (at least in SONAR) because of frequent crashes during preset changes. After any such crash SONAR completely froze up. I’ve also seen problems being reported at Plugivery and KVR saying MAGMA was crashing Reaper, Studio One and FL Studio, so SONAR wasn’t the only one.

However, this thread reminded me of MAGMA and made me put this effects rack into CbB to see if the crashes still occurred. In fact, I was certain that they would. But to my surprise it didn’t crash one single time although I must have changed preset at least fifty times. It might be a coincidence, it might be changes done internally to CbB, or it might be because I now run under Windows 10 instead of Windows 7. But the fact remains – I could no longer get MAGMA to crash, at least in my simple bare-bones test project.

Ok, so MAGMA v. 1.6.6 still has some problems with CbB: the Play and Pause buttons in the Transport module don’t update when MAGMA is active, the Tempo display doesn’t update to tempo changes and there are probably some additional display issues that I haven’t noticed. But more importantly: the effects were applied and the plug-in did not crash and bring the DAW down with it.

Maybe a bit OT, but I thought maybe someone else with the same bad experience of MAGMA would like to know and test it out for themselves.

Edited by Canopus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Canopus said:

I’ve had Nomad Factory MAGMA for a few years but had actually written it off as impossible to use (at least in SONAR) because of frequent crashes during preset changes. After any such crash SONAR completely froze up. I’ve also seen problems being reported at Plugivery and KVR saying MAGMA was crashing Reaper, Studio One and FL Studio, so SONAR wasn’t the only one.

However, this thread reminded me of MAGMA and made me put this effects rack into CbB to see if the crashes still occurred. In fact, I was certain that they would. But to my surprise it didn’t crash one single time although I must have changed preset at least fifty times. It might be a coincidence, it might be changes done internally to CbB, or it might be because I now run under Windows 10 instead of Windows 7. But the fact remains – I could no longer get MAGMA to crash, at least in my simple bare-bones test project.

Ok, so MAGMA v. 1.6.6 still has some problems with CbB: the Play and Pause buttons in the Transport module don’t update when MAGMA is active, the Tempo display doesn’t update to tempo changes and there are probably some additional display issues that I haven’t noticed. But more importantly: the effects were applied and the plug-in did not crash and bring the DAW down with it.

Maybe a bit OT, but I thought maybe someone else with the same bad experience of MAGMA would like to know and test it out for themselves.

I had those type of crashes you mentioned  for a while myself . I would get them while I was auditioning a MAGMA patch in real time while playing my song .

Also the older preset would hang and I would see both the older preset and the new one I was looking to hear in the menu . they were both highlighted ...

In my case I did not get to flustered about these problems ...for a while I would just stop the tune and change to my intended MAGMA patch .

Never had a crash in Reaper , Waveform 10 or any other DAW's I use Splat  was sensitive while using MAGMA , Cakewalk by Bandlab seems much better able to deal w MAGMA'a quirks ...

I have hosted all my 3rd party plugs in MAGMA and on that level MAGMA is beyond the call of duty and what constitutes a cool app in my book .

Yes I do have bitter sweet feelings about MAGMA , Nomad Factory told me a couple of years ago they would look into why MAGMA did not want to work on my i Mac ..That was the last I heard of them after repeated attempts to communicate and seek a solution . 

all that aside I absolutely LOVE  MAGMA  . dealing w the problems and learning to let it slide for now is still   worth it to me

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz