Samba Sueno

Hidden Symmetry

Today I re-mastered a master ( yes I said remaster a master) from a Cake project no longer exists, the only remaining file I have is the old 16b master wav. An internet collaboration where the tracks used were mainly mp3's & zero room correction back then.  Still a demo but trying to get it to translate across systems better than it did.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
re-master
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Today I re-mastered a master ( yes I said remaster a master) from a Cake project no longer exists, the only remaining file I have is the old 16b master wav. An internet collaboration where the tracks used were mainly mp3's & zero room correction back then.  Still a demo but trying to get it to translate across systems better than it did.

That's beautiful, my kinda music...More, More...

13 hours ago, garybrun said:

Nice track..  

Thanks Gary

9 hours ago, amiller said:

Sweet song!  The guitar reminded me of Grant Geissman...”Feels So Good.”  I really like this.  😊👍

Thanks for that. Grant is a much overlooked guitar player imo, His solo on Feel So Good is iconic, that tune help bring instrumental jazz (pop) into the mainstream.

58 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Thanks Gary

Thanks for that. Grant is a much overlooked guitar player imo, His solo on Feel So Good is iconic, that tune help bring instrumental jazz (pop) into the mainstream.

Regarding Grant, ‘absolutely agree with you.  I remember scouring the record stores, after hearing Feels So Good, for other works from Grant and there was nothing out there...very disappointing.  So yes, Grant is much overlooked.  Thankfully, there is now a large collection of his works on iTunes, Youtube and elsewhere.  He has a few very cool Sambas as well.😊

Very nice indeed!!!  I love this Brazilian sound.  I remember as a wee bit of a kid listening to and loving Brazil 66, and Astrid and Joao Gilberto.  The performance on this is excellent and the mix sounds good to my ears.  I really enjoyed this --- thanks for posting.

On 9/17/2019 at 3:24 PM, freddy j said:

Very nice indeed!!!  I love this Brazilian sound.  I remember as a wee bit of a kid listening to and loving Brazil 66, and Astrid and Joao Gilberto.  The performance on this is excellent and the mix sounds good to my ears.  I really enjoyed this --- thanks for posting.

9 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

I don't understand jazz but I do recognize great musicianship. Really like the Brazil flavor to this!

Thanks guys,

I've always liked listening to & writing Latin music. Performing it live is a blast.