Rewire with Notion or Ouverture to CbB (Midi)

Heinz Hupfer

Question

Hi:)

Does anybody know how to Rewire MidiData from Notion or Ouverture to CbB??

I can't get it to work! Audio over Rewire works but not Midi.

I want to write staff in Notion or Ouverture and have the Sounds in CbB over Midi, but it seems to be difficult, there are no Midiports from these Programs. Notion to Studio One work well and relatively easy to set up.....

Bassman.

3 answers to this question

Take a look at LoopBe1 (free; one MIDI port) and LoopBe30 (up to 30 MIDI ports; I use this one; about US$20). I also tried loopMIDI, but it suffered from noticeable latency on my system.

In Notion or Overture, you would output to a LoopBe MIDI port. In CbB, you would use that port for input to which ever VI you're using.

https://www.nerds.de/en/loopbe30.html

loopbbe30.gif

Thanks to this thread, I noticed the v5.6.1 update for Overture. Will give it another go. It's been crash-fest city for me when scanning VSTs (especially VST3s). Notion has been stable for me.

Edited by John Maar

Hi:)

@John Maar

Thank you for leading me in the right direction! I thought it's possible insight Rewire to send Midi from a Notation Program to CbB, but now since I have googled🙄 I know why it is not possible:

A Rewire Host can only send MIDI and receive Audio.

A Rewire Device(Slave) can only receive MIDI and send Audio.

CbB can only work als a Host but not as a Slave, so the only way is to send Midi over a Virtual Midi Cable. That will work!

Thanks😄

Bassman

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1