Wavs are greyed out on my laptop - Solved

Michael Fogarty

Hi Noel. How's the snow?

I don't use OneDrive. Of course, I never blamed this on Cakewalk. I love and trust you folks. I have been given hardware and software by a couple of large DAW makers to switch over to their format, but could never get behind it. Cakewalk is the only DAW I have ever used consistently and professionally unless acting as a hired gun in a Tokyo studio. I do however use none of its plug-ins except Session Drummer with which I trigger my drum samples for demos. My computer problems are more often than not,  self inflicted.

I do have Animotica installed on my laptop and desktop but never use it on my laptop which is the problem machine. I only use it for live events and that is not happening at the moment. I do like to check it now and again (XPS9350) to make sure it is happy, alive, and up to date, and that is how I found this problem.

It is very possible  at some point I told Microsoft to sync everything.  Wished I could be of more help. Computer wise, I basically learn as much as I need to do my work. If you saw my workflow in Cakewalk you would probably be amazed (aka laugh) at my techniques and technological skills versus my output.  I am quite dependent on the expertise of the fine lads and ladies on this forum.

Thanks to all of you for being here.

Michael

No snow this week here fortunately. Thanks for the update. Technology can be very frustrating when you are trying to get something done and things don't work. 
Don't feel bad because I have it it happen to me  when I'm doing sessions too. I take a note and move on and try and figure it out later but it can be very disruptive.
We try whenever we can to make the program as fault tolerant as possible but as you know there is only so much we can do.

Perhaps we can try and detect this issue and at least warn the user that waveform generation is failing.

• Like 1