Session Drummer 3 - Kits / Programs / MIDI Folders Not Appearing

James Dziezynski

I'm looking for a little help with the Session Drummer 3 in the Bandlab version of Cakewalk. For the record, I've been using Cakewalk since 2000 or so from Cakewalk 8 > Sonar X3, so I'm familiar with how synths should work. 

When I Insert > SoftSynth Sessions Drummer 3, the first thing I notice is it comes up as "Session Drummer". No big deal. However, when it opens and I go to select kits, programs, or MIDI, the options are blank. I can manually dig in and manually load all of these, as they live in Program Files > Cakewalk > VstPlungins > Session Drummer 3 > Content. 

However, this is a tedious way to do it. Is there anyway to get Session Drummer 3 to load the correct file location? As of now if I click on black space for PROGRAM the PROGRAM BROWSER list does not populate. When I've used Session Drummer 3 in X3, this was a full list of programs and kits. Any help is appreciated!

Session-Drummer.PNG

Edited by James Dziezynski

I have a modified path where Session Drummer looks for its content, and on my system, that is: C:\Program Files\VST64\Cakewalk\Session Drummer 3

If you were to carefully run REGEDIT, and look at:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Session Drummer 3

You would see the following paths (remember though mine is slightly modified from the default):

Contents Folder                                      C:\Program Files\VST64\Cakewalk\Session Drummer 3

Documentation Folder                       C:\Program Files\VST64\Cakewalk\Session Drummer 3\Documentation

Resources Folder                                   C:\Program Files\VST64\Cakewalk\Session Drummer 3\Resources

So - you could either carefully edit the Contents Folder path info in REGEDIT, to change it to point to where the content is actually residing on your hard drive(s), OR, you could move the Session Drummer 3 content from wherever you have it on your hard drive(s) and put it into the folder specified in the registry Contents Folder path.

Hope the above helps, 

Bob Bone