PA Flash Sale - Metric A/B

cclarry

47 minutes ago, Grem said:

Forgot to add that like KK, I have other plugins of the same type. So that's why I was debating to get it or not. 

Same here, I'm very happy I could get it for free, especially as I got the original version Magic AB when it was sold by Sample Magic. Didn't particularly like the sudden switch to PA (as also happened with Thorn) but Humberto came to the rescue. Great first post by the way, very welcome.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I deleted my email, I think.  BTW I think I have equivalents with IK and Izotope.

Good point KK.

Does anyone know how Master Match (IK) and Ozone (iZotope) compare to Metric AB for track referencing? Trying to resist the GAS if I already have something that does the same job. I have used Ozone 8 quite a lot but not for track referencing and never used Master Match although I have it.

Edited by ZincT

17 hours ago, Fleer said:

You can stack both vouchers, John. I just did, thanks to Humberto.

Well, shiver me timbers and shove 'em where the sun don't shine.

And I thought that drug the rabbit gave me was supposed to square my IQ, not take the square root of it.

And I deleted my voucher email. Sheesh. 😡

Well, there's always next month!

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2019 at 10:00 AM, ZincT said:

Does anyone know how Master Match (IK) and Ozone (iZotope) compare to Metric AB for track referencing?

No, but what I know is that on my computer nearly every iZotope plugin is a lagfest and generally speaking I don't think UI design is where their talent manifests, and UI programming certainly isn't where their effort is directed. But I have used their mixing & mastering tools so little that my opinion would not be interesting in that regard. I get the impression that those are their main products anyway, so I'd expect more effort on that front.

What I like about Metric AB is that with regard to UI layout and performance it's the exact opposite; extremely slick, responsive, effortless, and light. It's fun to use, unlike the horrors I've experienced with iZotope's stuff.

I'm not against iZotope in particular and still use some of their plugins for the shortcuts or sound they provide, but at some point I kind of woke up to the fact that I dislike the actual act of using them, and only endure it because I know when I'm done tuning them I can shove them to the background and forget about them.

• Thanks 1