Addictive drums 2 cannot be heard

RICHARD HUTCHINS

Hi

I am transfering over to a new PC. Lots of problems, but mostly solved with help from this forum!

I used the downloaded installer to download AD2 to my new PC. However I cant hear it in Cakewalk through headphones, and I cant even get it to make a sound when using the standalone AD2 through my Windows (10) Realtek speakers either. So it seems to be an AD2 problem rather than a Cakewalk problem? I've also e mailed the makers but these can take a good while to get an answer so I thought perhaps someone knew a way forward? 

In the stand-alone mode, go to the Options or Settings or Preferences (whatever they call it), and look at the settings for the Audio. 

1) What audio driver mode is selected?

2) If you have an audio interface, and it is running in ASIO driver mode, you should be able to select ASIO as your audio driver mode, in Addictive Drums.

3) Once you select your audio driver mode in Addictive Drums, load a drum kit into it, then you should be able to simply click on the various drums and cymbals in the kit, in the Addictive Drums user interface window, and they should produce sound - routed to whatever audio driver mode/device you selected in the preferences.

Bob Bone

As you can hear the test tone when pressing the Test button in the stand alone version, the routing should be ok.

Maybe you have selected an ADPak (drum kit) which you do not own? Those are marked “PREVIEW” in the AD2 Gallery and can’t be used to play any MIDI files, except for the short preview snippets that are present on the same page as the drum kit itself is presented. Make sure that you have selected a kit that you own before trying to play anything on your Beats page.