[SOLVED] Start Screen not functioning correctly

Syphus

OK - Iied (LOL) . . . When back to old settings and all is right with my display . . . but,  now I can grab my scroll tab and I have opened and closed cake several time and it seems consistent.

Too weird for me

They say:  To err is human; to really mess up takes a computer

Syphus

Alright folks - Last entry before we re-enter the atmosphere . . . 

The last test I wanted to do before concluding this thread was rebooting the computer and see if that last entry (by me) rang true.

The scroll bar seems to be a bit thinner that I would expect, but the scroll bar is still there.  All seems to be working as it is supposed to.   Of course one can only expect 16 icons to be available do to the design of the  "Start Screen", but now I can access them via the SS.

To summarize, here is how I got this to work:

I went to the setting in my control panel (for windows OS) and set the "Display" heading  under "Appearance and Personalization" and changed the setting from "125%" to "100%".   This will cause you to have to logout of your account and re-login.    Do not pay attention to the way your  desktop looks at this time.  Open cakewalk and check your SS.  It should be normal looking (with a visible scroll bar) and all other methods working ( arrow keys& pg up/dn keys).   At this point go back and change your text setting back to "125%", logoff & re-login".  Your desktop should be back to normal.   Open cakewalk and see if you SS is working correctly.

I just wanted to finish this up in case anybody out there encounter this - maybe this will help them.  I'm going to set this as solved at this point.

Thanks all who contributed to this thread . . .

Syphus

Edited by Syphus
  • Great Idea 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, EVINITY said:

On my CW (cakewalk),  what happens once I have more that 8 templates is that I can see the top of the icon for number 9, but I can not get to it.  It appears that there is a "scroll strip" to the right of the window, but no handle to grab to move the window list up or down. [ and the up & down arrows or pg up/dwn have no effect ]

You quoted me, then wrote the same exact thing as Syphus said O.o

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:22 AM, Syphus said:

On my CW (cakewalk),  what happens once I have more that 8 templates is that I can see the top of the icon for number 9, but I can not get to it.  It appears that there is a "scroll strip" to the right of the window, but no handle to grab to move the window list up or down. [ and the up & down arrows or pg up/dwn have no effect ]

Thank you @Syphus for leaving your solution here. It will help someone down the road someday. @MusicMan11712 (aka Dr. Steve) you too buddy (thumbs up).

9 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

iirc, this setting being not on 100% also caused issues in the past?

I believe you are correct Mr. @pwalpwal.

I thought it was a Windows theme issue (which does include zoom level settings).

32 minutes ago, Chuck E Baby said:

Thank you @Syphus for leaving your solution here. It will help someone down the road someday. @MusicMan11712 (aka Dr. Steve) you too buddy (thumbs up).

I believe you are correct Mr. @pwalpwal.

I thought it was a Windows theme issue (which does include zoom level settings).

seems like a prompt for the qa team to do a quick sanity/regression test @ anything-other-than-100% or so

5 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

seems like a prompt for the qa team to do a quick sanity/regression test @ anything-other-than-100% or so

Let me say a quick thing here:   This is not the most elegant solution to this problem, but support advised that one should update to Windows 10 (as a solution).   It does not appear that support (I did contact them) will pursue this as a CbB problem .   This could be true (not getting treated as a CbB problem), but following the procedure above you might be able to get around it somewhat and get back the functionality as it was designed (for Start Window).

Syphus

On 9/26/2019 at 6:38 PM, EVINITY said:

On 9/27/2019 at 6:04 AM, Chuck E Baby said:

You quoted me, then wrote the same exact thing as Syphus said O.o

Don't know if EVINITY is aware of it, or has a virus doing it for him/her, but what s/he quotes gets edited to add links to all sorts of things.

See all four or his/her posts.

• Like 1