Midi Output - What am I doing wrong?

Peter C

Well, when you insert a midi track, Cakewalk will default the midi output routing to whatever is 1st in the list of choices it presents, so that if I had inserted an instance of Kontakt right away - in the project, then inserted an instance of Absynth, and then inserted another midi track, Cakewalk will set the midi output routing for that new midi track to go to the Kontakt instance.  SO - if that is happening to you, then when you add new midi tracks, just make sure to review and adjust the midi output routing for those new midi tracks, so that they are routed to the synth instances you desire.

Hope that helps - if something else is going on with your project, please take another stab at explaining the issues, and I will try again.  :)

Bob Bone

Thanks for the suggestions. I still can't replicate it even with the Fantom switched off and with this particular project. The issue applied specifically to a re-opened project with midi outs to Fantom (via Steinberg UR44) and Addictive Drums.  Maybe it has something to do with what Robert suggested because obviously when this happened I re-routed the relevant midi tracks to the Fantom outputs and maybe doing that has solved the issue. And adding another one or two soft synths hasn't changed that. Re-opening the project now everything is fine.

I have noticed this behaviour before and will post here again if the same ithing happens and if I can replicate it. Otherwise problem solved. Thanks guys.