Cakewalk Re-recording anything I play back.

Angelo Genuino

Question

Hello. I'm new to cakewalk and every time I try to record anything it also picks up the audio from all the other tracks and I cant seem to get it to stop. There's nothing I can find online about it.  All I want to do is to record a clean track without it picking up all the noises from the other tracks like the metronome and anything else that's playing. It even records random noises from notifications and websites.  I've used several other DAW's and this is the only one that I've used that does that.  Usually all the other DAW's only record what u wanna record and doesn't pick up all the other junk noises.  I have a yamaha mg16xu plugged into my computer via usb if that makes any difference. 

The picture shows how its essentially cloning the top track when I record. I am not playing any instrument or have a mic plugged in. It's simply re-recording everything that plays back. Please help. Thank You.

Cakewalk Problem.png

5 answers to this question

Can't get detail in this reduced full-screen image.
(Uploaded over 500 pixels wide images are automatically reduced to width of 500 pixels by this forum.)

Make sure input channel setting on track 3. Output channel of your audio device may be set as input.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:16 AM, Angelo Genuino said:

I guess the Yamaha mixer by itself was causing it.

Its a great mixer really. Touts some good specs (Sampling Frequency: Max 192 kHz, Bit Depth: 24-bit) But its really just a live stereo mixer functioning through USB-2. Its great for sub mixing but not practical when you want multi track output to multi tracks. Routing is key.

Routing ? In more detail, You might be able to change the outputs in Cakewalk to go through a monitor mix, versus the master mix, thus avoiding the blending effect your seeing now.