Slip editing broken?

JoseC

Just noticed that moving the contents of a clip while leaving its edges fixed do not work as it did. Pressing ALT-SHIFT with the Smart Tool or the wrench tool selected should change the cursor in the upper third of the clip and allow to grab and move the content, but it shows the Split cursor (scissors) instead.

EDIT: For a minute I thought that it was solved. After bouncing the clip, ALT-SHIFT makes the right cursor appear...but of course then there is no audio to slip edit beyond the clip edges. 🤔

Edited by JoseC

10 hours ago, David Baay said:

It's working here. You sure your getting Shift? Alt+Smart Tool without Shift is the split tool. Also, you can move data within a clip without already having the borders slip edited. Cakewalk automatically adds a slip edit to the boundary when you do that.

Thanks  for your reply.  Yes, it seems pilot error here. I have managed to make it work here somehow, but somehow I still don't get well the correct way to do it when I import clips from the browser. 

You mean you don't get how to have the imported audio land at the correct position in the first place? I kind of wondered what the need was to move data within the clip. I have pretty much never had a need to do that. But my workflow doesn't generally involve importing samples, either.