Themes(Old Forum)

Apeirofobia

I would like to rescue the themes that were in the old forum.

I haven't made any of these. It just a reminder that they exist, if someone wants to try them. (Most of them are not updated)

DOWNLOAD LINK

THEME PICTURES

I don't know if Elffin is still around. So thank him.

Greetings!

Edited by Felipe Andrés Riquelme Gonzále
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
8 hours ago, Adam Compeau said:

Man, I really want the Dark Aqua to work for me, but I am having a pretty hard time so far working on an update...It is not looking right...

I have super high regard for those who can do full themes; I have only done a few tweaks (some of which you might have seen in the Theme Guide thread).  I know I do not have the patience or the artistic skills to do a complete theme.

Perhaps you could take an updated theme you like and make minor tweaks borrowed from Dark Aqua, and build it step at a time.  

The theme editor offers the ability to revert to the elements used by the original theme that the new one is based on. So perhaps you can:

1. Make a copy of Dark Aqua, rename it MyTweaks, and revert elements that seem to be problematic.
  2. Load an up-to-date theme.
  3. Import MyTweaks and save it with a name like MyTheme.

The idea is that you can create files of personal customizations and import them on top of other themes.

Out of curiosity, what's not looking right?  Maybe others here can help you locate the correct elements that need to be fixed.  Based on my admittedly limited experience, finding the right element can take considerable time. Of course, the theme guide is a great help!

BTW, in order not to hijack this thread, if you want to create a thread on "Updating the Dark Aqua Theme," I would delete this here and repost it there.

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

Wow, I thought Samplitude was difficult to  edit.    It is WAY easier than Cakewalk to edit!!!!

But, those are helpful tips, if I ever get the courage to try it.

Thankfully, I like M-New Gen and M-Unity quite a bit and I can try to add a mod here and there as you suggested.

I really do want to correct Dark Aqua, but understanding each element and what it requires is daunting.

26 minutes ago, Adam Compeau said:

Wow, I thought Samplitude was difficult to  edit.    It is WAY easier than Cakewalk to edit!!!!

But, those are helpful tips, if I ever get the courage to try it.

Thankfully, I like M-New Gen and M-Unity quite a bit and I can try to add a mod here and there as you suggested.

I really do want to correct Dark Aqua, but understanding each element and what it requires is daunting.

Honestly I'd think the Dark Aqua one would be among the easiest based on the preview image since all the text color and buttons seem to use the same aqua color.  

It is far more difficult when there is an actual color palette that needs to blend and remain continuous in various areas.

As for your fader length quesiton, the answer is "no" can't be adjusted to be physically larger, you can only change the "read out" of db range.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 4:40 AM, User 905133 said:

I have super high regard for those who can do full themes; I have only done a few tweaks (some of which you might have seen in the Theme Guide thread).  I know I do not have the patience or the artistic skills to do a complete theme.

Perhaps you could take an updated theme you like and make minor tweaks borrowed from Dark Aqua, and build it step at a time.  

The theme editor offers the ability to revert to the elements used by the original theme that the new one is based on. So perhaps you can:

1. Make a copy of Dark Aqua, rename it MyTweaks, and revert elements that seem to be problematic.
  2. Load an up-to-date theme.
  3. Import MyTweaks and save it with a name like MyTheme.

The idea is that you can create files of personal customizations and import them on top of other themes.

Out of curiosity, what's not looking right?  Maybe others here can help you locate the correct elements that need to be fixed.  Based on my admittedly limited experience, finding the right element can take considerable time. Of course, the theme guide is a great help!

BTW, in order not to hijack this thread, if you want to create a thread on "Updating the Dark Aqua Theme," I would delete this here and repost it there.

Those tips are helping me along.   I just can't let a challenge go...  I am getting there on the Dark Aqua.

The subject was about rescuing these themes, but let me know if it needs to be moved...

AC Dark Aqua 1.png

Edited by Adam Compeau
  • Like 1