Audio Engine BUG: Playback squeal

Chris Boshuizen

For several years Sonar and Cakewalk emit an intermittent squeal when starting playback instead of playing audio. It sounds like it is just playing a microscopic loop of the audio at a high frequency.  It's not completely predictable, but sometimes it seems to do it 1/3 times. 

I recorded a video of it here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qtoezBihAzGYwHkP7

Sorry for the aggressive space bar slapping.

• Like 1

@Chris Boshuizen,

Great catch.  I'm glad you figured out a way to reproduce the glitch and video it.  This is the kind of thing that can drive a person batty when you're in the mood to get something done and then something like this happens.

May I make two suggestions?  First click on the support request link in my signature line and submit a formal bug report to the developers.  While the developers are pretty good about visiting the forum I'd hate for this glitch to slip by because they failed to see this message thread.  Second include computer information like cpu, ram, operating system, audio interface or motherboard audio device and graphics.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 2:39 AM, Chuck E Baby said:

What soundcard are you using ? Midi devices ?

I have a brand new Presonus studio 68c. I often use the FL Asio driver that ships with FL studio because it allows driver sharing. Potentially a smoking gun... I'll double check with the Presonus driver.

I used to have a Mackie Onyx Blackjack, and it behaved the same, as does the Reatek soundcard in my laptop. But, I suspect again, possibly when using the FL driver.

I haven't used ASIO4ALL in a while, as it offered no advantages over the OEM driver or FL Asio.