Native Instruments recommends waiting to update to OS 10.15

cclarry

In the next few weeks, Apple will release a new operating system, macOS 10.15 Catalina. 

To ensure your Native products work the way they should, we recommend waiting to update. We’re working on making our software fully compatible with macOS 10.15. In the meantime check here for more information regarding your NI products and support for macOS Catalina.

Due to Apple’s new security restrictions, KOMPLETE 8, 9, and 10 HDDs and all KOMPLETE DVDs will no longer work with macOS Catalina, but your products will always be available to download via Native Access. If you’d like to install products from your DVDs or hard drives, do so before updating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jim Roseberry said:

Nearly every time Apple release a major update to OSX, it breaks compatibility with existing audio software (and or hardware).

As with Win10, it's always best to ride the back end of the update wave.  Riding the crest will mean beta-testing (struggle).

I'm on the front end of Win 10 (Insider) and, to date, with any update,
have not lost any compatibility...which, by all accounts, is a MIRACLE,
so hats off to Microsoft!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, cclarry said:

I'm on the front end of Win 10 (Insider) and, to date, with any update,
have not lost any compatibility...which, by all accounts, is a MIRACLE,
so hats off to Microsoft!

Maybe Insiders get a better version.  It' s like out of the oven Krispy Kreme's vs. the retail box versions.  

I'd say middle finger up to MS as well when their latest (f)updates screw my home network. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Grem said:

And there is a big difference!!

When the red "HOT" sign is on you can watch the doughnut assembly line, use tongs to pick 'em up and put 'em in the box, pay and then walk out with the biggest smile on your face.  Best smelling perfume you can buy for you or your car!

They first started making them in Winston-Salem, North Carolina USA in 1939.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jim Fogle said:

When the red "HOT" sign is on you can watch the doughnut assembly line, use tongs to pick 'em up and put 'em in the box, pay and then walk out with the biggest smile on your face.

I would always see KK Donuts in the stores, people would buy them and.... well I thought people who bought those KK in the stores, never ate a donut from a real donut shop. Why would they buy those things??

But the day I ate KK donuts hot off the assembly line......wow!!! Then I understood!! They were trying to relive a memory!!

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jim Fogle said:

A 10 - 15 second zap in the microwave is almost as good as hot off the line.

My wife likes Duncan Donut cake donuts.  Me, gotta' be  chocolate covered or regular Krispy Kreme glazed.

Ye the microwave trick works well. I just use very low power when heating it. Like 2. Gets it just warm enough to relive that first time!! : ) LOL!!

Never tried the Duncan Donuts. For me it's plain ole glaze or Apple Fritters! Or cinnamon twists. OR Honey Buns!! Or... I like me some donuts!!! I gotta stay away!!!

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1