Need Audio Interface Recommendations

SND

Question

Hi,

I am looking to buy a new audio interface since my old one used firewire connections which my laptop does not support.

What I am looking for:

- Budget around $100CAD
- Has MIDI ports
- 2 XLR/1/4-inch inputs
-Monitor speaker out

I would appreciate any recommendations

Edited by SND

5 answers to this question

I'm not sure how much US money 100 CAD is equal to since the country you reside in is not listed in your profile so, with that in mind ...

The PreSonus Studio 24c  hits all the bullet points you listed.  It has

USB-C bus-powered, 2x2 audio interface with MIDI for macOS and Windows

24-Bit resolution; 44. 1, 48, 88. 2, 96, 176. 4 and 192 kHz sampling rates

2 mic/instrument/line inputs with mix-l solid-state mic preamps

+48V phantom power (global)

2 balanced ¼” TRS main outputs with front-panel level control

4 ladder-style LED level meters (2 input, 2 main output)

Stereo headphone output

Mixer knob for low-latency direct input monitoring

It sells for about $150 US.  https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-24c

• Like 1

76 USD is a really low price point for any contemporary audio interface with MIDI connections. Your best bet is to find a used interface at that price--even that is likely to be a stretch. The other option is to buy and pair a couple of the really cheapo audio and MIDI interfaces as separate units. If you have a firewire interface that you are not going to use, it is likely better than anything you can buy for your budget, and your best plan might be to find someone who will buy that or take it in trade to get you up to a reasonable budget. I would definitely not advise you to buy something that can be had for that cheap--try to see if you can get a job raking leaves for a few days and get into the $250 US or better range which will give you a bunch of quite usable USB connected units.

Good advice from Slartabartfast (raking the leaves is optional) as it's better to save a bit more money and get a decent interface....generally, in the $200+ price range. You also should check how good the driver support is from whichever brand. 

Edited by Mesh

you can pick up a used Focusrite Scarlett 212 for under 100 bucks from guitar center. I don't really like shopping their but their used gear is typically always fairly priced.

Agreed with others though, if you want something good to last a while pay the money. If your looking for something to get you by until you can get a better one, than under 100 bucks is the way to go.