PA SPL Bundle Sub

cclarry

Well, ... I can see a pattern here. All brands in the PA catalog will have their own sub.

All brands will have their own sub. Eventually.

Or they will get really creative and think of calling it something like Wup!! Gotta give it to Waves, they got in before the rest and we didn't even feel it!! LOL

• Haha 1

WUP is what tires do when they go flat. They go WUP WUP WUP WUP WUP WUP.

Just like Waves emails telling me WUP is ending on some $29 plugin. If there's ever a major update, screw WUP, just buy a new license when it hits the inevitable $29 sale point.

And then get it from Koby at EveryPlugin for $23.xx!

Mwa ha ha ha.

Take that, Waves!

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, John Maar said:

Take that, Waves!

Agree. This is has been my strategy. 

But my point was ALL brands will go sub eventually. At least with Waves you do own something. You don't want to WUP it, then don't. But you still own it. 

With PA sub (and maybe the rest too?) you don't own anything. 

7 minutes ago, Grem said:

Agree. This is has been my strategy. 

But my point was ALL brands will go sub eventually. At least with Waves you do own something. You don't want to WUP it, then don't. But you still own it. 

With PA sub (and maybe the rest too?) you don't own anything. 

Just like condos in some states, where everything physical is either a common or limited common element, and you're just buying the right to occupy the space surrounded by 4 limited common element walls, floor and ceiling.

But...

Subs are coming, and from a business perspective, I completely agree with the approach. It all depends on the pricing. And the terms.

If you're able to sub on a monthly basis, and quit any time, I think well see a kind of short-term "rental" market develop, where peeps sub for the time they need the plugin/app for a specific task, and then drop it.

Just like the cord cutters are doing with streaming apps.

Edited by John Maar

Guyz , do you know that in 120 years from bnow , every living people on this earth right now will be dead / gone  / nada /// wind ... 

man that's deep ..... simple , evident but still bam !! just sharing my today's reading .... that might maybe helps us take the distances to thing ...

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Grem said:

All brands in the PA catalog will have their own sub.

Unfortunately PA is kind of pushing other manufacturers associated to them towards subs in this way. It is little disturbing... 

Fortunately old human invention can cure that... It is named competition... 

8 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Unfortunately PA is kind of pushing other manufacturers associated to them towards subs in this way. It is little disturbing... 

Fortunately old human invention can cure that... It is named competition... 

yep self regulation of market ...let's wait and see ....  here in paris there's a street wher you can eat the best Kebab is France , period , and from one day to another they all added 0.50 euros to anything ...and the  guy telling me this when i asked him , like nothing special ( acool dude) ...i told him : do you know this is illegal ? he was like comon Zo ....i was like " really " it's forbiden by the law and for a good reason ... but i stopped here to not make him unconfortable ...

So they decided in an "agreament" to all screw it the same day and way ....

Still i'm confident for the plugin market ... with all this crap going one since years and warez ...those prices and the awarness of the young generation makes that i'm seeing WAYYYY more of my students buying plugins instead of going warez ...witch is great !!! we do have to give Props to Shops like JJR / Audiodelux / koby's/evryplugins /plugin discount / time & space ect ...they're a part of this ealthy pressure on market ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zo said:

So they decided in an "agreament" to all screw it the same day and way ...

Yes, it is illegal, and they all probably knew it. Or at least one or two of them did.

1 hour ago, Zo said:

i'm seeing WAYYYY more of my students buying plugins instead of going warez

That is great news. 

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

PA is kind of pushing other manufacturers associated to them towards subs

Maybe that's why Vertigo left them?

Yes, subscriptions make sense for the dev companies, but.... 

On the other hand, Melda's subscription is "rent-to-own".   Great idea IMHO.  

I think the other (almost acceptable sub model) is the dirt cheap monthly sub like Kush's where it's hard to spend any big money on a specific plugin when you can use them all for so cheap...   

However, I'm still quite partial to the $23 (and often lower!) price point lately.  😉

4 hours ago, mibby said:

Melda's subscription is "rent-to-own".   Great idea IMHO

Agreed. And if I ever did a sub, or had to do one, it would be with Melda. Not PA.

4 hours ago, mibby said:

I'm still quite partial to the $23 (and often lower!) price point lately. 

YEah, we all done got use to that!! : )

2 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Melda's rent-to-own is always based on the full retail price of the product which has made it seem like a bad deal to me.  0% interest on something with double the price is kind of bad math.

True, it doesn't make sense to pay full price, but at least you're going to OWN the plugins.  How else would/could you price it?   Also, the cost is like $49 a month, which seems too $$ to me too.   But still, it seems like the rent-to-own model is a good alternative to subscriptions.

• Like 1

I think if it was based on the price when you signed up it would work better for me.  So if you sign up for the rent-to-own during the 50% off sales (which Melda does a few of) then your "total" to own is the 50% off value.  If you stop/pause your sub and later restart, the goal price is reset to whatever the current price is (so you'd need to wait for another 50% off sale) but you still get credit for what you have paid so far.

Of course they can't do this because everyone would pause/stop during a 50% off sale and then restart to get the lower goal price.  So rent to own would become rent to own at 50% off.

It's possible there just isn't any reasonable fair way to do rent to own.  Rent to own may be better than a subscription, but still isn't so awesome.

Melda's economic policies is what lead to me just biting the bullet during the last 50% off sale and upgrading to the MCompleteBundle.  The credit you get for upgrading is definitely not as good as just jumping to the finish line.  You can't win buying the smaller bundles and/or single plugins with Melda if you end up deciding to get it all.

That Dirk from PA can even begin to believe that people are going to sign up to these individual brand subscriptions for more than fifty per cent of the subscription to the whole lot shows he really has lost the plot.

Back in the real world, you can buy Saturator X for $26.99 and get another nine or ten plugins to own thrown in. Or, for a similar price, you can buy something like Scheps Omni channel and cover loads of needs in one go.

I'd love to know how many people are signing up for deals like this SPL one for $10 per month.  Very few, is my guess. Madness.

If Dirk doesn't see sense soon, he's going to kill PA.

Edited by musical
Typo

46 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

My favorite is how they advertise on Facebook and say "free updates"

How on earth can you ask people to pay every month and then claim 'free updates'

Makes no sense at all.

And I've got a "free lunch" waiting for you at the back door of Mickey D's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, musical said:

That Dirk from PA can even begin to believe that people are going to sign up to these individual brand subscriptions for more than fifty per cent of the subscription to the whole lot shows he really has lost the plot.

Back in the real world, you can buy Saturator X for $26.99 and get another nine or ten plugins to own thrown in. Or, for a similar price, you can buy something like Scheps Omni channel and cover loads of needs in one go.

I'd love to know how many people are signing up for deals like this SPL one for $10 per month.  Very few, is my guess. Madness.

If Dirk doesn't see sense soon, he's going to kill PA.

They just need to keep ahead and kill all of those rants on their FB page and let the fanboys shine.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mibby said:

True, it doesn't make sense to pay full price, but at least you're going to OWN the plugins.  How else would/could you price it?   Also, the cost is like $49 a month, which seems too $$ to me too.   But still, it seems like the rent-to-own model is a good alternative to subscriptions.

I get Melda one piece at a time or wait for the 50% off bundle.  The bad thing now is you are charged local sales tax.  Mine is 8.6%.