Anybody use online session singers

Vernon Barnes

I have a song nearing completion that needs a female lead vocal. I have been looking out for a suitable voice at local open mic nights etc. without too much success an I am thinking  paying a session singer may be the best option. Googeling pulls up a number of sites offering the services of singers online that will record the vocal for you. Prices vary a lot depending on the profile, experience etc. of the singer.  I was wondering is anyone here had experience using one of these services.

Locating a singer is a bit of a trawl through various "showreels" looking for one that sounds right. Some sites have "sounds like" tags which helps a bit but but unfortunatly for me you don't get sounds like Anne-Marie Helder, Hayley Griffiths, Christina Booth or Annie Haslem.

I did.

And I might again.

It was vocalizr.com and the two southern boys I hired on two different occasions on two different songs had the audacity to change the phrasing timing even though they were sent a guide track.

For female vocals and total control try synthesizer V and Eleonore forte singing database.

This is not my best tune and it has too much bass but Elenore Forte is singing this one.

https://www.reverbnation.com/ronnierocks/song/30173848-password-to-my-heart-with-elenore