Piano For Sale

Notes_Norton

I can totally relate to the noisy neighbour thing, it really can be a problem..........all through last night my neighbours were constantly banging on the walls and yelling.

Luckily I couldn't sleep anyway and was getting in some drum practice,so most of the time I couldn't hear them.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

I've got a similar problem. My neighbors bang on the wall when I practice the guitar, but they have the worst sense of rhythm. They never bang in time. I figure if I play louder, perhaps I can teach them how to keep the beat better.

Some folks never learn how to beat it🤣

Side story:

We were in luxury high-rise condo units in downtown Chicago years ago with friends. We went out to Greek Town and my wife's girl friend's Husband wanted to see how his friend designed one part of a High Rises.  So we got to go up and take a look at the units on display.  In one unit was a 7 ft grand piano. I played very loudly and he went to the next unit. He said he couldn't hear me play at all.  I at one point played extremely loud.  Of course I never would be able to afford one of the units unless I won a nice lottery :)   But nice to know if you have the money you don't have to disturb your neighbors in one of these units. The view was also impressive!

I couldn't afford the piano, much less the apartment!

I live in a very small house (900 sq ft) on a half acre lot. We don't practice with the PA on often, but when we do, it's usually between 3 and 5 PM. I have an understanding with our neighbors, that whenever we play, if it at an inconvenient time, let us know. They tell us we should practice more often (nice neighbors).

But most of the time we practice on the gig. After all, if you can't practice on stage, where CAN you practice?