Live MIDI Transpose

rob

Question

Is it possible to alter the incoming MIDI note in a MIDI track, similar to the Vel+ bar on a MIDI track which alters the incoming note's velocity by +/- 127 ???

I'd like to play one note on my MIDI instrument and route that through multiple MIDI tracks to produce a chord.

For example, I play C5 and the following tracks alter the note:

1: No alteration resulting in C5 heard live
2: Note -= 12 resulting in C4 heard live
3: Note -= 24 resulting in C3 heard live
4: Note += 4 resulting in E5 heard live
5: Note += 7 resulting in G5 heard live
6: Note += 12 resulting in C6 heard live

I think the MIDI FX Transpose would do this, but I get a missing plug-in error...  :(

Thanks much!

7 answers to this question

Thanks much! I remember the Key+ feature from many many versions ago. Is it in the latest Cakewalk by Bandlab version? (It took me forever to find the dropdown what causes the Volume and Vel+ blue bars in the tracks.)

7 minutes ago, Robert Hoover said:

Thanks much! I remember the Key+ feature from many many versions ago. Is it in the latest Cakewalk by Bandlab version? (It took me forever to find the dropdown what causes the Volume and Vel+ blue bars in the tracks.)

It's here (note for Instrument Tracks, select the Midi tab at the bottom):

trackinspector_keyplus.png

Edited by msmcleod

Outstanding! I've been hunting for that for days....

Is it available for Soft Synth as well? At its base, the Soft Synth is a MIDI channel, right? Ideally, I'd like to apply this to the Soft Synths. The Track Inspector looks a little different for Soft Synth.

Thanks again!

2 hours ago, rob said:

Outstanding! I've been hunting for that for days....

Is it available for Soft Synth as well? At its base, the Soft Synth is a MIDI channel, right? Ideally, I'd like to apply this to the Soft Synths. The Track Inspector looks a little different for Soft Synth.

Thanks again!

Yes, for soft synths you need to select the MIDI tab at the bottom of the track inspector:

trackinspector_miditab.png