Dimension Pro available?

Hapsiainen

24 minutes ago, sjoens said:

Cake knowledge is timeless!

I adhere to a 5 yr limit, tho. :D

Well TBH, I stated "I believe that...", which is to say "to the best of my knowledge". I don't recall the box sets for the Sonar X series, and I have been a Cakewalk user since before Sonar with Pro Audio 9. My last box set is Sonar 8.5 Producer.

Do you have any evidence of the X-series box set by chance? 😜

Edited by abacab

11 hours ago, sjoens said:

Claim: I have all 3.

Evidence: http://forum.cakewalk.com/m/tm.aspx?m=2157793&p=1

Warning: link exceeds 5yr limit.

SPlat disk was offered without a box.

I also found this almost 10 year old thread... "My disks have arrived" (Sonar X2 plus a free mystery gift). :)

http://forum.cakewalk.com/My-disks-have-arrived-m2675653.aspx

Edited by abacab

• 1 year later...

I stumbled upon this thread when searching for Dimension Pro not accepting the registration code.  A week ago, I decided to install my old copy of SONAR 8 again.  But way back when I bought it, I never bothered with Dimension Pro until now.  

In my SONAR box, I have the Dimension Pro serial number.  However, I actually needed the registration code.  I searched the SONAR box contents and could not find a  registration code, not realising you have to login to get it.

I then used my old, Cakewalk e-mail address to log into the https://legacy.cakewalk.com/My-Account That failed because I did not re-register back in 2014.  Luckily, a friend did re-register her Cakewalk account back then, and we could login and and see in View My Products and the registration code was there.

I didn't think clicking the Register button would work thinking the Cakewalk company is defunct.

Registration Code Cut.GIF

Edited by Bill Crockett
Mistakenly showed my serial number. Removed error image.

8 hours ago, Bill Crockett said:

I didn't think clicking the Register button would work thinking the Cakewalk company is defunct.

Yes but... registration is done internally so there's no phoning home required.

@Bill Crockett

You have run as Administrator to enter the serial and register codes. 
You can easily get at your legacy account by asking Cakewalk support to help you. They can get at the server and update you log in.  It’s well worth the bother. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, John Vere said:

@Bill Crockett
You can easily get at your legacy account by asking Cakewalk support to help you. They can get at the server and update you log in.  It’s well worth the bother. 

Sorry, I have removed the Error image, as it gave the impression that I could not register it.  It is.

That is great news about getting to my legacy account.  Is this the Cakewalk support link?

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@sjoens

Thanks for the link about Dimension Pro 1.5.  I see there is an update from 1.2 to 1.5.  Was that the last version?

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to mention that on Windows 10, 64-bit (or any 64-bit) machine, there are a lot of snags getting Dimension Pro installed.

From their Dimension Pro™ Version 1.2 Release Notes.  SONAR related.

Error message loading Dimension Pro in SONAR 5.0.1 x64

Loading Dimension Pro in SONAR 5.0.1 x64 may produce an error message stating that Dimension Pro is not properly installed. Please download and install the free update to SONAR 5.2.

I did get the error and had to go here:

https://legacy.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013166/Dimension-Pro-Dimension-LE-1-5-Update

When you run the update, you get a choice of 32-bit or 64-bit install.  The Installation Instructions are badly worded and confusing in my opinion.  The questions from the install program are different. I got it wrong and had a number of goes at installing.  Wrote down cheat sheets for a next time if any.

You need to open the  Cakewalk Plug-in Manager for VST Instruments and correct paths in VST configuration and in the Menu Layout.

DimPro is an odd installer in that the massive download (3 files) is a zip within a zip and would make my first SSD overheat with all the writes it was making. I ended up extracting the downloads with 7-Zip and assembled them so the install only needed to be run once from that directory structure. A few of the multisamples were also corrupted with certain updated installers, so as I repaired all of that I have kept both the installer files and multisamples I reassembled separate as the "archive." That multisample folder can just be copied to a backup location. As you go through the pain of re-installation, keep that in mind so that it might help any subsequent install in the future.

On 2/24/2024 at 1:29 PM, mettelus said:

I ended up extracting the downloads with 7-Zip and assembled them so the install only needed to be run once from that directory structure.

I am please that you constructed that.   Any chance of uploading that and pasting a link here please?

This is another gotcha:  Third-party and Cakewalk expansion packs may install content in the incorrect location.  See KB2007013168 for more information and a solution.

I did not know about that.  Had a look and 5 of the expansion pack were missing.

If you have DimPro in your legacy account, the most recent version I have came from the Cakewalk Command Center. I think that is still active, but not sure, and it had legacy products carried forward during the Splat days. The version I last got from that was "D-ProInstall_1.5.5.16.exe" and was just over 3GB. Have you tried using the Command Center?

• Like 1

@Bill Crockett as @mettelus has just said. Did you contact Cakewalk support and get your account straightened out? 

Installing  and activation of legacy products can be frustrating because there’s lots of steps to remember. 
The Command Center sort of does this for you. I had no problem installing Dim pro and Rapture. I’ve done this many times .  
I have a back up of the last CCC download folder from 2017 which also has the all the  libraries already downloaded. All my old legacy products are in there.Even older versions.  As well as a txt document with serial numbers. 

I just log in and install what I need from CCC which takes no time at all because everything is already downloaded. 
Dim pro is one of the few irreplaceable synths for me. I’m hoping it returns with Sonar because someday those old installers might die. 

10 hours ago, John Vere said:

@Bill Crockett as @mettelus has just said. Did you contact Cakewalk support and get your account straightened out?

Sorry, I was a bit busy this week.  I have just submitted a support request here: https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

To be able to get to my old legacy account.  Will sit back and wait for their reply.

• Like 2