Dimension Pro available?

Hapsiainen

Hello

I purchased the "Dimension Pro" years ago, and i have used it on my windows xp machine with FL Studio. I still have the registration keys.

I now have a new Windows 10 machine, and i have installed the new version of FL Studio into it.

Can i download the "Dimension Pro" somewhere and install it on my new Windows 10 machine? I need to use it with FL Studio.

This is the software i am talking about: http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Dimension-Pro

Thank you

I think the only limitation to the old account is that you need to have  created a  Cakewalk single sign on account in 2014. The really old Cakewalk store accounts prior to that were migrated to the Cakewalk single sign on system. That is when the Cakewalk store, the Cakewalk Command Center, and the forum began using a single userid and password.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, that is my problem. I had an old account pre-2014 and i never created a single-sign on login.

I have tried to ask for assistance from bandlab, but the answer is that they do not allow to create a new login. And i cannot use my old login, since it is deleted.

I have bought the Dimension Pro from cakewalk store, and i have my personal installation key.

All i need is the Dimension Pro installer file, but it seems i have no way of downloading it now. I need to install it into my new windows 10 machine.

Please advice.

Did you provide your purchase information and registry key to customer support? The SSO process would have missed a lot of folks who didn't monitor/get an email or read the forums. You could easily have also missed the Command Center days, and DP had a few updates to confirm to that.

Going forward, it is recommended to get a large HDD to store downloads on. Not only does it save having to download large files again, but ensures you have a backup copy (which is also good to rollback updates that go foul). The DP download is rather large due to the samples included.

As a workaround, sforzando (free) will play sfz files/samples from DP. If you still have the XP machine, you can transfer those files over, but may need a registry entry for sforzando to locate them automatically (I forget offhand if sforzando can be directed to specific directories). I prefer sforzando since it also shows you which keys are not mapped by default (some DP patches only have a handful of sounds mapped, which makes them hard to find).

31 minutes ago, mettelus said:

Did you provide your purchase information and registry key to customer support?

This is a great suggestion! If you are still using the same email address that you used at the time of purchase, and you have the purchase receipt, you might  be successful pleading your case with support.

Also, if you have an old copy of Sonar Producer 8/8.5 it was shipped on disk with a copy of the Dimension Pro installer. The D-Pro installer is about 3GB in size for the download only version supplied with the Sonar X series.

Edited by abacab

I received a response they could see my email used to be there, but they did not give me option to download, eventough i told them i have the key. The only answer is that they apologize but cannot help. Feels bad because i have paid for the software, and the only reason i cannot receive a copy of the installer, is that i did not make a new login on 2014.

I know there are some programs that try to "move" an installed program from another pc to new pc, and to my experience they fail always because they cannot do the registry setting correctly. I already tried moving the old dimension pro installation from my xp machine to new windows 10 machine, and it does not work. I gives error that the program is not properly installed.

I never made a backup copy of the DP installer back then, because i always thought i could download a copy from the cakewalk website. Little did i know that they would close down the shop entirely... :(

Maybe i just have to see if somebody sells sonar x on ebay...

1 hour ago, Hapsiainen said:

Maybe i just have to see if somebody sells sonar x on ebay...

For info only, because the Cakewalk license does not permit resale, but I believe that the Sonar X1-X3 series was download only. Only earlier versions were shipped on disk.

5 hours ago, Hapsiainen said:

I know there are some programs that try to "move" an installed program from another pc to new pc, and to my experience they fail always because they cannot do the registry setting correctly. I already tried moving the old dimension pro installation from my xp machine to new windows 10 machine, and it does not work. I gives error that the program is not properly installed.

I was on my cell earlier, so couldn't provide detail. Sforzando is a free plugin that plays sfz files, and I just checked this. *IF* DP is installed, Sforzando will automatically route to the DP registry entry location and map all of your multisamples (if you click on "Instrument" there will be a "Dimension Pro" entry in that listing with the same layout as DP's browser). However, if you still have the Dimension Pro/Multisamples folder from your XP machine, you can drag/drop the sfz files into Sforzando (or import them from the "Instrument->Import" command in Sforzando), and it will play them. Of course this is more convoluted (and manual), but Sforzando will play the sfz files that were included with DP, which it seems you still have.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2019 at 4:17 PM, Hapsiainen said:

Hello

I purchased the "Dimension Pro" years ago, and i have used it on my windows xp machine with FL Studio. I still have the registration keys.

I now have a new Windows 10 machine, and i have installed the new version of FL Studio into it.

Can i download the "Dimension Pro" somewhere and install it on my new Windows 10 machine? I need to use it with FL Studio.

This is the software i am talking about: http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Dimension-Pro

Thank you

@Hapsiainen, PM me with your Serial Number for Dimension and I can pull your registration and make sure that you've got the latest version that you'll be able to download.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

• 2 years later...

Was unable to clone my HHD drive (with installed Dimension Pro, Platinum, etc...), so I had to go with a fresh install of the BandLab Cakewalk software, but...my original install of Dimension Pro, I apparently failed to write down the s/n as the yellow tag on the CD install box is not filled in (ugh). I do still have the email with the registration code (from Nov 8, 2007) but, of course, without the serial number I'm dead in the water as far as Dimension Pro goes.   As no one has responded to this thread since 2019, I may continue to be up the proverbial creek. I'll keep hope alive for now : )

37 minutes ago, keymasher said:

Was unable to clone my HHD drive (with installed Dimension Pro, Platinum, etc...), so I had to go with a fresh install of the BandLab Cakewalk software, but...my original install of Dimension Pro, I apparently failed to write down the s/n as the yellow tag on the CD install box is not filled in (ugh). I do still have the email with the registration code (from Nov 8, 2007) but, of course, without the serial number I'm dead in the water as far as Dimension Pro goes.   As no one has responded to this thread since 2019, I may continue to be up the proverbial creek. I'll keep hope alive for now : )

If you have migrated your Cakewalk account to the new SSO (Single Sign On) system around 2014, then BandLab should have a record of your account/product registration. Otherwise, no, the former Cakewalk site does not any accept new account registrations since November 17, 2017. https://www.cakewalk.com/Gibson-Announcement

Also, if you have login credentials for the legacy Cakewalk site, your product serials and registration codes are still available there, or via Cakewalk Command Center. You can try support@bandlab.com for assistance.

Edited by abacab