PRV Below C0?

Johnbee58

John, I don't know the answer to your question, but if I create a new blank project; add a MIDI track, then open the PRV, I can scroll down and see all the way to C-2 which is the lowest note visible.

I think this is related to my setting in Customization > Display, where I have Base Octave for Pitches set to -2.

• Like 1

I agree to Colin! Most of the Vst instruments on the market define pitches that way, i.e. by setting the base octave in CbB to -2. I wonder why this is not the default setting, because it is most common!

If you use the standard setting in CbB (=0), then C0 equals to C-2 in most Vst instruments! Just to make it more complicated! 😁 No really, the setting in CbB does only change the name of the pitches, the pitch values stay the same!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

John, I don't know the answer to your question, but if I create a new blank project; add a MIDI track, then open the PRV, I can scroll down and see all the way to C-2 which is the lowest note visible.

I think this is related to my setting in Customization > Display, where I have Base Octave for Pitches set to -2.

Did not know about this customization setting. Thanks for posting.