I want to continue working in version 2020.4 build 151!

Vyacheslav

Also, why specifically that release? There's been a bunch of bug fixes and enhancements since then. Early Access versions aside (which are their own thing for last minute testing by a wider userbase), there hasn't been any changes since November last year until now and it seems pretty solid for most people here.

And, honestly, software development moves on. This is becoming a paid product that has to once again compete in the commercial space against other paid products. The devs can't do that if they're stuck supporting things from the past which have since been improved and refined - it's a small team so it makes no sense to allocate resources looking after outdated versions. Even far bigger companies draw this line somewhere.

• Confused 1

On 9/3/2023 at 10:21 AM, Lord Tim said:

Also, why specifically that release?

I love him (HER?))))))))

In my projects, I use Vienna Ensemble Pro (2-3 instances both on the master computer and on the slave), into which I load a lot of content from Kontakt, Roland, Korg, ToonTrack, etc. In the same place I include many plug-ins. In Cake, I work with vocal tracks, tracks with live instruments and plugins for them. Plus, the mastering bus! It is version 2020.4.151 that is the most stable in my system: for a session of several hours, this version:

does not fall

does not hang

hardly slows down

without a frieze of tracks on MIDI pulls all the way to 256 samples,

without errors saves the history of changes ...

All other (later) versions work much worse than this one, giving me a lot of trouble!

Edited by Vyacheslav