Groove 3 Videos

Johnbee58

I don't have the month-to-month or annual "All Access" subscription but have purchased three video tutorial series and consider it money well spent.

At different times I've purchased the video tutorial series for Cakewalk's Music Creator 6, PG Music's Band-in-a-Box for Windows and Sonar Explained.

I purchased the MC6 series after upgrading to MC6 after using MC2, 3 & 4.  I wanted to gain a better idea of what undiscovered features were available and how to use the program better.   The same reasoning applies to my purchase of the Band-in-a-Box and Sonar Explained series.

I prefer purchasing the video series because I can then download the files and watch offline.  I load them to my Android tablet so I can view the files anywhere I take my tablet.  I also have the user manual pdf files on my tablet for easy access.  It's nice to have my tablet close to my computer so as I'm using Cakewalk by Bandlab or Band-in-a-Box for Windows I have these resources available for use without having to go online.

Another reason I like downloading the files is I'm a slow learner.  I have to see a concept or technique in action multiple times before it sinks in.  While the online video player gives me the normal stop, pause and play controls I don't like having the screen split between player and program.

Go to Groove 3's website and look through the offerings.  The site has an extensive collection of video tutorials.   Click on a subject you want to learn about and navigate to the subject's webpage.  Every video tutorial series have certain traits in common.  I'll use Sonar Explained for the subject of my example.

Every series has an outline, user reviews and a biography of the author.  The videos are broken into easy to view chunks.  The  videos are tightly scripted, professionally edited and produced.  Every video moment has a reason to exist, there is no wasted time.  Because there is no wasted time they are jam packed with useful information.  Pause and rewind will become your friends.   Because the outline is so comprehensive,  each video is smartly labeled and the videos are broken into small chunks the video series is easy to use as a quick reference guide.  You'll be able to come back later and quickly find and review information you need to refresh your memory.

Sonar Explained was released in 2015.  The series is composed of 49 videos covering 5 hours and 30 minutes.  Check it out:  https://www.groove3.com/tutorials/SONAR-Explained

Finally, like every other business, Groove 3 has specials throughout the year..

I am subscribed to it, I only get downloadable videos and don't subscribe to the net delivery videos all access pass stuff. For those interested, you can download the video to your computer in full to watch later, which is what I do. Shove the USB stick into the TV, get the video going and turn on your DAW and get going, that's a nice morning. I did Sonar Explained and Sonar Advanced and it got me up and running with Cakewalk quite quickly. There are some differences between Sonar and Cakewalk but you can get past those. I've also used them for other DAW's as well.

They have specials on their videos quite regularly, might be good to sign up just to see when that happens. I find them quite good. I am also a member of my local library which entitles me to premium level membership of Lynda.com so I can also download videos for free from them, I don't know if you can do that where you are.

Edited by Tezza