Midi File handling -Something is NOT right?

Pathfinder

So, regular midi file, type 1. Then saved as cwp after adding softsynths:

Track view, tracks are in numerical order 1 thru 16. 

So I drag midi track 4 by holding cursur over little midi icon on track 5 lets say. As I have done for the last 2 or 3 decades. I want to drag it to position above track 1 so it appears as the first track in the midi file.. I get the dark line showing I am dragging it but instead of changing it's position, it changes the track number but leaves track 4 in track 4 position but it is now denoted as track 1. That is NOT what is expected. Is this some new setting I have missed?
***This happens no matter where I try to drag the track to, just the number of track changes, not the position.

This same midi file, or any midi file works as expected in Splat.

Also, I purchased a midi file for a song I need to play at a wedding as a one person band, whcih is what I have done a lot of in my life. I play guitar and sing along with the backing track. 

CWbyBL cannot handle this file at all. S No softsynth folders that I have added show up in track view (no they are not hidden I checked) Precision for grabbing or dragging anything in track view is a joke. Near impossible. Now this part only happens with this one file, but SPLAT has NO issues with it at all? Really confusing to say the least.

Edited by Pathfinder
clarity

Make sure the grid snap is off?  I can't see another scenario where you can't drag a track anywhere you like. Make sure the clips are not locked ? I'm curious if any meta data that might be embedded in the file could restrict any manipulation of the clip. I can't imagine that.... but there's plenty I don't know about a lot of things.

Not sure where grid lock is for track view on tracks but I will look. Yes I thought it was weird, but even weirder is that Splat has NO issues at all with it. Why would that be? 

It is a weird midi file, a yamaha.com file. It was midi 0 but I saved it as a midi type 1 first thing. Thanks for the reply

Just to clarify - there is a GRID SNAP and there is a CLIPS LOCK.  I can't think of a reason that Splat would handle it  and CbB would have an issue.  Maybe you can attach the original midi file?  I'll try the same scenario to save as a type I - then assign some instruments to it.