Bx_Digital Flash Sale

cclarry

6 hours ago, antler said:

Interesting how their flash deals have gone from $29/plugin to $69/plugin

Even under their old system I bought stuff I rarely use like Drum Exchanger, Ranger Plus.  I'm hoping my days of hoarding plugins are over.  I'm too stupid to know how to use most of them.  Plus I have all of IK's offerings.   I think the the better deal with a $25 voucher is when Thorn is $99.  Now it's $199.  No thanks, I don't need another synth ever and would get Serum for $10 less if I were to spend on another synth.

I hope that in the industry the subscription model fails. There are some that use subs for extreme high end software.  Products we've been using have subs but they are not heavily advertised.  There are companies that realize the hobbyist is the largest market.   You might get some of that group to subscribe.  Splice and Melda do it right but I'm not a fan of the Rent-A-Center approach either.

Some have pointed out that PA stuff is rarely updated.  Maybe it doesn't need it.  Unfiltered Audio takes something only to rebrand it.

Some of the displeasure is leaking out on their FB page about the subscription model.

If the subscription model tries to be a trend I hope it fails.   There are some who have sense enough to realize that.  Raising prices won't change that. There are too many small developers who will offer something for $5-$50 and just as good.   Plus there is no shortage of good sounding amateur stuff on youtube with people using stock plugins.  There's also plenty of developers selling DAW templates using stock plugins. 

• Like 2