Tomorrow Never Comes

AndyB01

So here's one I put together recently - the piano is  built entirely from EzKeys and apart from changing the tempo and key of the stock clips I have made very few changes as I just think it works pretty well as it is. The lyrics are all my own work and and I have committed my usual crime against singing 😂. It's supposed to be upbeat'ish (well for me anyway) and a made up story about a couple who are having a 'sliding doors' kind of moment and can't quite work out whether they're going to split or have another go at things.

Nits and crits welcome.

Enjoy

Andy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amiller said:

Cool song.  I might have to give EZKeys another look.  Being a guitar player, I’d like to hear the lead part come up just a bit.

I think it's great software as the stock clips can be endlessly customised or you can compose your own chord sequences and use it as a session pianist - very clever (although be warned, the MIDI add-on packs can prove an expensive addiction - look out for seasonal deals). Fair point on the guitar, I'm still not over the moon with it so I knocked it down a bit. I'm a competent guitarist but lead riffs just aren't my thing - my son says all my guitar riffs sound the same - I've told him, I'm playing all the same notes, but not necessarily in the same order. 🙃

44 minutes ago, garybrun said:

Nice voice Andrew.

Cheers Gary, coming from a man with your immense vocal talent that's a very kind comment.

36 minutes ago, Old Joad said:

Good tune, sounds great and the vocals are just fine..

I think the tune is really catchy - that's why I used it. I know using stock clips from stuff like EzKeys will always split opinion but there it is - I'm not trying to pass it off as my own work. 

Thanks all - appreciate you taking the time out to listen and comment as always.

1 hour ago, Andrew Ball said:

I'm a competent guitarist but lead riffs just aren't my thing - my son says all my guitar riffs sound the same - I've told him, I'm playing all the same notes, but not necessarily in the same order. 🙃

There is a quote from Eric Clapton that he had the same riff running through his mind for years, so you're in good company..

Edited by Old Joad
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2019 at 10:56 PM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Enjoyed the tune,  liked the vocals as well.

As far as using EzKeys I think that if it helps inspire or create then it's a good tool.

Thanks and agree 100 per cent - and their latest product EzBass is coming out in Q4 2019! 😂