Export Module Questions [Solved]

Bill Phillips

Question

Now that there's a Export Module on the Control Bar I use it but I have some questions that I haven't been able to find answers for:

1. What's the difference between the Project and Selection buttons? I leave the Project button ticked because that's about all I export. But I still have to select all tracks to export the entire project. Only selected tracks are included in the mix even with the Project button ticked.
  2. For the Export Audio options, which dithering option is used? I always use use Pow-r 3, but don't know which option is selected when I skip the Advanced choice. So I use Advanced.
Edited by Bill Phillips
  • Like 2

1 answer to this question

Ok, I've figured this out. So, I'm answering my own question. Here are the answers:

1.  In short the Reference Guide is great! I read the section on exporting again and found that you need to de-select all tracks and clips for the Project export option to work.
  2. I didn't really find an answer here, but it no longer matters to me. Since I don't know how it works, I won't use the Export>Audio option. Instead I found that the presets listed in the Export module are the same ones that appear in the Advanced dialog. So by choosing Advanced and then selecting a preset you'll be able to see exactly what's included export presets are used in the Export module. But that still doesn't define what happens when the Audio options are used.