IK Saturator X

cclarry

OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGG  !!!! 

Guyz i'm gonna cry , so after trying the amp , the mesa boogie impressed me , i 've pulled the trigger on the sale just to find out that they're not included , since they're 149 $   omg and i bought (already have it !!) fender just for that and fulltone that is indeed beauty full  .....fuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkkkk 4 in the morning ....never do that in the night ...gotta ASK Oncle Peter for the rescue , he gonna insult me ....i'm the master of messing up my ik stuff period !!

• Haha 3

Anybody want my fender versus his mesa ? i tried it with the telecaster on my goshtwriter (eastwest) and it's a deadly combo .... pffffff i knew i should have focused on synths ......      where's Larry ????!!!  

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I think Uncle Eric will do so, but I don’t know if IK will agree to de-register, Zo. 

Well i don t know , if they can do some to get me the mesa that will be cool , if not , i will ask them , cause the do crazy sells time to time on those , this is how i got my ampeg and fenders ...  crazy is that i didn teven thought of

1) going group buy

2) liking so luch the mesa , the PA version is so off ... might be Dirk taste on the set up or some ...but man ...lesson learned , never judge an amp on what emulation provides ...lol but i don t have gtr stuff around ...and all my friend are metal heads ... tired of heavy gain stuff lol ..

6 hours ago, Zo said:

crazy is that i didn teven thought of

1) going group buy

IKM group buy is really worth to join unless you already have most of their stuff...

6 hours ago, Zo said:

liking so luch the mesa , the PA version is so off ... might be Dirk taste on the set up or some ...but man ...lesson learned , never judge an amp on what emulation provides ...lol but i don t have gtr stuff around ...and all my friend are metal heads ... tired of heavy gain stuff lol ..

About amps sim many times it is important to setup input gain before plugin properly (which often means differently for plugins from different manufacturers). Especially PA sims are very 'sensitive' for input and it is game changer in sound ).

If you need to test sound not having guitar stuff you could use any raw guitar track (and adjust gain if needed) from any multitracks.

Or sometimes it is even useful for quick shot using guitar VSTi for that.

30 minutes ago, Piotr said:

IKM group buy is really worth to join unless you already have most of their stuff...

About amps sim many times it is important to setup input gain before plugin properly (which often means differently for plugins from different manufacturers). Especially PA sims are very 'sensitive' for input and it is game changer in sound ).

If you need to test sound not having guitar stuff you could use any raw guitar track (and adjust gain if needed) from any multitracks.

Or sometimes it is even useful for quick shot using guitar VSTi for that.

Yep this is what i do , playing different Di gtr tracks ...

for the group buy.  I already have pretty eveything so basically i will have blank promo slots not used lol i wanted to just few amps that i don t really need in fact ,  but it was the occasion ...

11 hours ago, Zo said:

OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGG  !!!! 

Guyz i'm gonna cry , so after trying the amp , the mesa boogie impressed me

It did me too. And I have a Mk IIb, Maverick, Mini Recto, and a Mk IV (with 6L6's and EL34's in it!) amps. And when I demo'd the IK Boogie Collection I was like, "Yep, I'ma gonna get this one" and I paid full price (almost, minus Jam Points)

Another surprise for me was the Fender 2 collection. Nice.

Told ya them Fulltones was good!! : )

Enjoy.

Hope you get it sorted out with the over-purchase!! That has never happened to me!!  Yeah, right!

• Like 2

On 9/7/2019 at 2:08 PM, Grem said:

Don't count the Fulltone out just yet. That OCD is the best distortion in AT.

I agree, the Fulltone collection is great, especially chorus and delay modules. As for distortion, I think Wampler Pinnacle is better. But my opinion is based on playing real pedals. It is possible, that OCD implementation  in AT4 is better than the Pinnacle.

FWIW,  will we ever see other brands' units grow into collections? Like T-Rex, Wampler, Engle, DrZ?

Edited by Alisa

1 hour ago, Soundwise said:

I agree, the Fulltone collection is great, especially chorus and delay modules. As for distortion, I think Wampler Pinnacle is better. But my opinion is based on playing real pedals. It is possible, that OCD implementation  in AT4 is better than the Pinnacle.

FWIW,  will we ever see other brands' units grow into collections? Like T-Rex, Wampler, Engle, DrZ?

2 hours ago, Grem said:

It did me too. And I have a Mk IIb, Maverick, Mini Recto, and a Mk IV (with 6L6's and EL34's in it!) amps. And when I demo'd the IK Boogie Collection I was like, "Yep, I'ma gonna get this one" and I paid full price (almost, minus Jam Points)

Another surprise for me was the Fender 2 collection. Nice.

Told ya them Fulltones was good!! : )

Enjoy.

Hope you get it sorted out with the over-purchase!! That has never happened to me!!  Yeah, right!

Yep i wish the chourus had a mix/wet , can be done via amplitube , but a pain in 2019 imho , Ik have to bring amplitibe to the same level of usability as the rest of the dogs (Tracks / Modo ect ..)

Yep the fender could be the only thing i need and this was the case until gasolina !!! i usually go for those oldies sound but recently german work pushed me on those territories ...

2 hours ago, Soundwise said:

It is possible, that OCD implementation  in AT4 is better than the Pinnacle.

Never tried real versions of either Soundwise. I don't use Distortion pedals much. Well, let me say didn't use them much. About 10 years ago I started with a Boss DS1 that I modded to my liking. Next distortion pedals I got (when they were out about a yr.) was Mesa Tone Burst. It's mostly a clean boost that I leave on all the time. I liked the Tone Burst so much that I got two more of the Mesa pedals, Grid Slammer (mostly overdrive) and the Flux Drive (full distortion).

But in the AT lineup, I like the OCD the best. I gave the Wampler a try but just didn't like it that much. Neither their version of the Tube Screamer.

And I wished IK would bring in the Mesa pedals, they are really good. Maybe some Keely stuff too!!

@Zo I was playing with AT yesterday and was really impressed with how they have brought it along. I am a guitar player, and it works for me!! I like the layout, the way you can save your presets the way you want, the recorder built in works well, the Cab section is really nice, I am like it a lot. It's my fav amp sim for sure.

Edited by Grem

2 hours ago, Soundwise said:

Aren't most (or even all) of those only available with Amplitude MAX or as individual Custom Shop purchases?

Edited by TheSteven

9 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Aren't most (or even all) of those only available with Amplitude MAX or as individual Custom Shop purchases?

They have a few of them in there. But not a 'Collection' like the Fender, Ampeg, Mesa stuff. 

They got like one Engl amp, maybe 2 Dr Z? Can't remember off hand.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Grem said:

They have a few of them in there. But not a 'Collection' like the Fender, Ampeg, Mesa stuff. 

They got like one Engl amp, maybe 2 Dr Z? Can't remember off hand.

Hopefully at some point IKM will offer a Stomp (their term) collection and a Cab collection.
Or the Amplitude MAX Bundle Crossgrade at a cheaper price... currently the crossgrade sells for $299, the same price and the full bundle.

Edited by TheSteven

TH3 is also great imho ...and can be a super playground for you GTR players ...a lot of exeperimenting for a non GTR player like me ... lol  you guyz see names and you go "oh ok " , but i need to actuallmy spend a lot of time to discover each brands and amp / cab combo to have the sonic print ...but it's ok .... i now start to have  areally clear picrure of each sonic print ..the good thing is now i know what tone i have in my head based on stuff i love and heard can be created with what type of combo !!

• Like 1

Believe me Zo, I have spent countless hours on listening to different amps, different speakers with those same amps, and even different tubes in those same amps! 

And I ain't even gonna bring up the stomp boxes!! 

We all looking for that tone my brudda!!

3 minutes ago, Grem said:

Believe me Zo, I have spent countless hours on listening to different amps, different speakers with those same amps, and even different tubes in those same amps! 

And I ain't even gonna bring up the stomp boxes!! 

We all looking for that tone my brudda!!

Lol and what is your conclusion ?