Please fix zoom (to focused track)!!

jono grant

Always when zooming in previous versions of Sonar etc. it would zoom in to the focused track that was selected, which made wonderful sense.

NOW however, no matter what track you have selected, when you do any zooming, the program just wildly goes to the bottom or top of the session, ignoring the track you have selected. Please fix that!! So annoying and time consuming to have to re-scroll through a huge session file each time you want to zoom in or out.

Just have it zoom in to the selected track. I know there are different ways of zooming and expanding tracks but the basic zoom in/zoom out function should zoom with the selected track in focus. Why change such a basic sensible function? Please fix this bug, it's been present in all bandlab versions of Cakewalk. Test it in Sonar Platinum, you'll see that it zooms to the selected track.

Thanks

Jono

A few things,

1- you didn't mention how you are trying to accomplish zooming. Are you using the zoom buttons, the zoom tool, Keystrokes, the timeline zoom ?

2- you have about a slim chance of someone from cakewalk fixing this (if they can repro it) by simply posting it here in the General section of the Cakewalk forums.

3- Report it to Cakewalk directly. More info can be found here...

For what its worth, I cant repro this problem. but then again, I have no clue as to what actions you are performing.

Leave cakewalk detailed info in repro steps. example...

1- select track

2- use keystrokes CNTR+UP/DOWN to zoom in on tracks

3- exc, exc, exc

• Great Idea 1

On 9/7/2019 at 1:00 PM, Chuck E Baby said:

A few things,

1- you didn't mention how you are trying to accomplish zooming. Are you using the zoom buttons, the zoom tool, Keystrokes, the timeline zoom ?

2- you have about a slim chance of someone from cakewalk fixing this (if they can repro it) by simply posting it here in the General section of the Cakewalk forums.

3- Report it to Cakewalk directly. More info can be found here...

For what its worth, I cant repro this problem. but then again, I have no clue as to what actions you are performing.

Leave cakewalk detailed info in repro steps. example...

1- select track

2- use keystrokes CNTR+UP/DOWN to zoom in on tracks

3- exc, exc, exc

Thanks, I will post there.

I am zooming either using the ctrl+UP/DOWN or with the little zoom tool in the bottom right of the screen. If I use either, the whole session goes to the top or bottom of the file instead of keeping the selected track in the center of the screen as it used to. I'm having other issues with CW and video, wondering if it's because I'm on windows 8.1... switching to 10 soon. We'll see.

Thanks

On 9/8/2019 at 5:17 PM, BRainbow said:

You're not taking about "Auto-Track Zoom" are you, "shift-z" under the track view "View" menu?  Is that not working for you?

Thanks, no, not talking about "Auto-track zoom" I know about that one but I don't choose to use it much. Sometimes I just want to zoom whatever zoom-state the tracks are in but stay focused on the track I have selected, that's all.

Cheers