THROWN AWAY

SPAK

8 hours ago, David Baay said:

My thoughts exactly. Very moving. Thanks for sharing. The SoundCloud player seems to have 'thrown away' the very end of the fade-out here, but otherwise flawless.

Thanks for the compliment David ... and sorry about the ending 😏 

Regards Steve

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2019 at 10:28 AM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Steve,

Great song with great lyrics.

The rhodes gave it a wave-like rhythmic pulse on which the whole song floated along - love the vocals and imagery you created.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Thankyou Guys I didn't see your comment as this was posted some time ago ... as always I really do appreciate the comment 👍

Keep those songs coming !!

All  the best Steve

Wow, how did I miss this? So tender, so intimate; I'm sure she knows...
"and one day I hope I can play them" you're knocking it out of the park mate.
Guitar tone on this is to die for; makes me think of James Wilsey, may he rest in peace, on Wicked Game.
Truly beautiful, start to finish.

Tom

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 6:51 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Wow, how did I miss this? So tender, so intimate; I'm sure she knows...
"and one day I hope I can play them" you're knocking it out of the park mate.
Guitar tone on this is to die for; makes me think of James Wilsey, may he rest in peace, on Wicked Game.
Truly beautiful, start to finish.

Tom

When I read stuff from people such as yourself and appreciate the work they do, to be given their accolade is worth so much ... sounds a bit soft but true. This song has a real special meaning to me, just wish J.W HAD  played on the recording. Thankyou for your ears mate .. I'm made up 😌

13 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Love the overall song and your performance.  The rhythm seems a bit off in spots.  I'm wondering if you could do without it altogether.

🙂John B

John

I did this many moons ago using a Tascam 688 then copied to Plat, the rythm was recorded in real time on a bounced sterio track so I couldn't remove it  ... I've got better over the years, but yes, I really feel that it could do with a revamp, possibly without a rythm track as you suggest. Thing is this song holds a bit history and so I'll keep it for the time being.

Thanks mate ... good idea

Steve

Your vocal made me think of Peter Gabriel - I liked it. A subdued mellow ballad - very nice - I enjoyed the listen.

My favorite instrument was the keys - I liked the tone.

Regarding the mix - I wouldn't change a thing - it works well.

Only crit - the ending is too abrupt - it just cuts off - do a better fade there.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 8:20 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

Your vocal made me think of Peter Gabriel - I liked it. A subdued mellow ballad - very nice - I enjoyed the listen.

My favorite instrument was the keys - I liked the tone.

Regarding the mix - I wouldn't change a thing - it works well.

Only crit - the ending is too abrupt - it just cuts off - do a better fade there.

Thankyou for the comment ...and the ending was cut due to errors in the mix, the keyboard was a DX7 .. so yep it is past its sell by but back then a great sound ..still got it, it's another ' just in case' bit of gear .. the wife hates me for the ' Just in case ' stuff, ...  but hey we're all blokes ... it's with the offcuts of wood  9_9

On 11/21/2019 at 9:36 PM, Lynn said:

Steve, I listen to your tunes a lot, and this is one of my favorite songs.  You evoke Paul Simon in your voice and lyrics (one of my all time favorite writers), and it just keeps drawing me in.  I look forward to hearing your next tune and hope you have a great holiday season.

Thanks Mate ...My greatest fan 👍👊 LOL ...wishing you well too (I've PM'd you with an update)

All the Best Steve

This is a beautiful song with very intimate lyrics.  Your vocal presentation certainly delivers the message and emotion.  The rest of the arrangement and instrumentation certainly accent the entire feel of the song.  I'm not normally attracted by soft ballads but this song pulled me in like a magnet.  Thanks for posting!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Did you by chance post this earlier? It's great! To the Paul Simon I might add Harry Nillllsssssson. Or I might not.

Thanks for that one, a really great listen.

-Tom

Believe it or not I met Mr Nelson one night in a pub by accident while working in RCA in London, he was and always will be one of my late great hero's. I plucked up courage and offered to buy him a drink .... not lime in a coconut but a large brandy !( 2 of them I think)  left me skint for a week, but worth it just to have that gem in my life. Thanks for the compliment mate and yes this song keeps getting resurrected every now and again as people hear it for the first time ... might have to throw this away to stop it keep coming up 😕 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, freddy j said:

This is a beautiful song with very intimate lyrics.  Your vocal presentation certainly delivers the message and emotion.  The rest of the arrangement and instrumentation certainly accent the entire feel of the song.  I'm not normally attracted by soft ballads but this song pulled me in like a magnet.  Thanks for posting!!!

I am so pleased you enjoyed this one and against you and many others on this forum that have so much musical talent I feel made up ...thanks again for the comment Freddy

All the best

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Like others I am definitely getting that Paul Simon vibe - I think it's that naturally "airiness" you have in your voice (love it) and your cadence.   Overall mix sounds good too, matches up well.    FWIW, I think it's certainly worth redoing to get the drums/percussion better in sync.

• Like 1

SteveC

Yep looks like I have a re-mix and redo ...watch this space .....

Thank for taking the time to comment

Steve

On 11/24/2019 at 1:13 PM, Wookiee said:

That is beautiful, heart felt lyrics, nicely understated support backing, nice tones, that EP is just right, well worth a :) nicely done @SPAK  

WOOKIEE

Thanks Wooks your comment means a lot

Stay well 👊

• Thanks 1