DimPro Housekeeping / Dupe Multisamples file/wav vs Flac

vuzz14

Greetings Dimpro experts.  Doing a bit of clean up for 2019, I noticed that I have multiple Multisamples folders to support DP 1.5.  One on the Correct C: drive and one on another...I probably toyed around with moving the library in the past, but a more recent build installed to C:, which Is fine for now. I was intrigued by the older Multisamples folder being much larger and comprised of Wav files vs FLAC for the more recent......was that a Cakewalk change that I missed? No worries, doesn't seem to compromise the sample sets, just curious if it's worth keeping.  If not...out the door or through the window!

Thanks in advance . 

IIRC, the change to flac happened with the full installers for v1.5. DP could not read flac files until that version. Most of the programs work fine with either wav or flac. I recall a couple of programs where flac samples did not loop like the original wavs but I cannot find an example ATM.

Dimension Pro sample conversion happened a few years before Rapture Pro/Session was released. The original release of Dimension Pro shipped samples as wavs. The later installers shipped with flac files. It was possible to get both wav and flac samples if a full v1.5 installer was run on top of a previous wav based install.

The original Rapture does not support flac. Rapture Pro/Session do. The migration of legacy data during Rapture Pro/Session installation does nothing to legacy sample files and folders. The migration copies the Dimension Pro and Rapture program files and folders into the Rapture Pro program folder.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scook said:

Dimension Pro sample conversion happened a few years before Rapture Pro/Session was released. The original release of Dimension Pro shipped samples as wavs. The later installers shipped with flac files. It was possible to get both wav and flac samples if a full v1.5 installer was run on top of a previous wav based install.

The original Rapture does not support flac. Rapture Pro/Session do. The migration of legacy data during Rapture Pro/Session installation does nothing to legacy sample files and folders. The migration copies the Dimension Pro and Rapture program files and folders into the Rapture Pro program folder.

Ah, that explains it - thanks.