Weird Cakewalk Behaviour - HELP!!

tonto

I dont know if this is a problem peculiar to just me but i'll be interested to know if this is happening to anyone else OR if there's something simple I've overlooked. 

So I'm working on a project and decide to run a Cal script over the midi drums to separate individual notes into individual tracks. Once I enter all the correct fields I hit 'enter' and suddenly it's deleted a stack of the other tracks unrelated to the drums. So after a coupla more tries with the same results I abandon that idea, undo it all and just finish off a few other bits and pieces. 

HOWEVER, I find now that if I highlight a part in ANY track and then attempt to cut it or move it, it then removes or moves the corresponding data in every other track without even me highlighting them. If I record a new track but then delete the first take the same thing happens. On every track in the corresponding space of the deleted bit.

I've been using Cakewalk since the mid 90s so it's not like I've done something obviously screwy. However, this is the first time I've encountered this weird glitch so maybe I have done something.... unforeseen... 

Any help would be very appreciated.

Tanks!

tonto

You're a champ Chuck! That's exactly what the issue was! Don't know how i managed to turn it on but there you go!

To be honest I didnt even know about ripple editing but I suppose that's what happens when you use the same software for years with the same methods and dont keep an eye on what new updates bring in. 

Thanks matey!

• Like 2