Say It Again

Hidden Symmetry

Love the background image!!

Really great guitar playing on this. Love the tone and execution. Great performance!

Now how much of this was done with the GR33? ALl other instruments too? And what about that harmonica, (sounds like a harmonica to me. Soprano Sax maybe?) You did those licks with the guitar into the GR33?

9 hours ago, amiller said:

Ah, very nice.  I hear a little Wes in there.

Thanks.

Originally the tune was written with vocals in mind & the octave guitar lines were intended as a melody guide. I never finished the project so I left the guitar as is.

2 hours ago, Grem said:

Love the background image!!

Really great guitar playing on this. Love the tone and execution. Great performance!

Now how much of this was done with the GR33? ALl other instruments too? And what about that harmonica, (sounds like a harmonica to me. Soprano Sax maybe?) You did those licks with the guitar into the GR33?

Thanks Grem,

I used the GR-33 on the harmonica track & for writing the tune (eventually replacing the chords with a different EP)

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Joad said:

I like the picture, nice wide mix and the guitars are very cool.

1 hour ago, Andrew Ball said:

Great groove, sounds pretty cool to my ears. I love this kind of stuff - just meanders all over the place. Fab.

Andy

Thanks guys, appreciate the listen & comments.

1 hour ago, Johnbee58 said:

Yeah, this is NEAT!!

Are these all samples (like the harmonica and the horns)?  If these are samples you have your MIDI programming DOWN and I'd love to take lessons from you.

That guitar work is TOPS!

❤️🙂

Thanks John,

The horn stabs & swells are loops, think I used Acid 3.0 to edit them. The harmonica was done with a GR-33 guitar synth, basically a Roland JV-1080. A hexaphonic pickup on the guitar transmits each string to the synth module, then you can record it as audio, midi data or both.

16 hours ago, Leizer said:

Very slick! A mix of Steely Dan and Yellowjackets. Best of two worlds! Do you write in this style nowadays or was it a "phase"?

Thanks, I guess you could say this is my typical writing style although it varies.

2 hours ago, SPAK said:

Really Great mix ... Soo tight, have to say I'm not one for instrumentals but there's always an exception to that rule. Good work !

Steve

8 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

What a friggin' great throwback to a simpler time.  It's got a perfect slinky rhythm, really laid back. Kudos on the mix, sounds great on headphones. That guitar work is so Chuck Loebish! Well done!

Cheers,

-Tom

Thanks Steve & Tom,  I appreciate the feedback. Glad you enjoyed the tune.