Focusrite Plugin Collection UJAM VG Iron

cclarry

This month we’ve teamed up with UJam to give our Plug-in Collective community an outstanding guitar emulation plug-in, plus a 30% discount on the Guitarists-Bundle.

Virtual Guitarist Iron

Virtual Guitarist Iron puts a world-class studio guitarist and their rig at the heart of your VST.

Take total control of over 1000 sampled phrases in 100 rock and metal styles, expertly performed by a top session guitarist.

To claim your free plug-in and discount code simply login and download from your account before the 7th November 2019 - 4pm UK time.

Here

• Like 3

The "Sound Collective" (from my Novation Launchkey Mini) is also giving away Izotope's Trash 2 from Aug 8 - Oct 3rd!  Thanks guys, I never look in there...

https://customer.focusrite.com/my-software

Yep, it's definitely in the Novation Sound Collective:

https://novationmusic.com/sound-collective

Edited by mibby
add Novation link
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

So is this worth the download to those who have it? I play guitar but maybe this would be ok for writing?

Been using it for a couple of years and used Steinberg virtual guitarist before then. It’s ok for basic rhythm guitar but it’s a bit wonky if you have syncopated chord switches mid bar etc.  The performances are sometimes slightly robotic and it unfortunately doesn’t have a dry signal so you have to work with the built in effects. That said it does get some use for song writing and production demos, and you can get good results if you spend time on the programming. Spark gets more use in my productions but it’s definitely a worthwhile tool. The best thing about it is that it’s dead simple to use with instant playability out of the box

• Thanks 1

This also requires a larger keyboard to use properly. I realized this (again) after downloading, since I also play guitar primarily and only leave a 32-key controller out full time. The program would be useful for composition, but most effective with a controller that spans all of the inputs (in addition to the comments above).

• Like 1