PA Maag Subscription

cclarry

Blue Sounds Better: The Mäag Brand Bundle!

Get all the current and future Mäag plugins for just $5.99* per month! 3 Licenses per account & FREE updates. Includes high-end emulations of the legendary EQ2, EQ4, and MAGNUM-K, ft. the famous AIR BAND. Fully endorsed and approved by Mäag.
Modeled by Brainworx.

No annual commitment, cancel anytime.

$5.99 a month

9 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Come on, are they serious?

Wait for next offer ;) I think at $1 subscription it could be not only funny but game changer. Maybe it would be 1 plugin subscription (but of course user select ;)

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I have the feeling Vertigo left at the right time , i bought 2 plugin at 250 euros , yep and i don't regret it ....when we asked them about old pmlugins update and resize , they said ask PA ...something wrong imho like they might be not satisfied by the attention provided by them ...or i might be wrong , i'm trying to read bewteen the lines ....

• Like 3

It seems pretty clear with these micro-subscriptions focused on a single developer they are dealing with some issues for how to pay all their partners fairly based on the in coming subscription amounts.  Why exactly they would think offering single developer subscriptions would be something customers would want is kind of beyond me though.

Next move will see a few of their partners offering products that aren't included in the main subscription but only in their own micro-subscription or products not included in any subscription.  That or/and they add some sort of usage monitoring to the subscription plugins so they can divvy up the pot to their partners based on usage.  The Spotify payment system doesn't work for music artists very and I think the same thing may apply here.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Wait for next offer ;) I think at $1 subscription it could be not only funny but game changer. Maybe it would be 1 plugin subscription (but of course user select ;)

Jokes aside... I'd probably sign a $10/mo subscription for 10 plugins of my free choice from their entire catalog. But as this sounds so much like a reasonable proposal (IMO) It'd probably never happen.

Edited by Sergio
  • Like 1

The original issue is still here ..... last week i sold a lot of stuff to be able to buy next stuff i need and i was  thinking : if X or Y was a sub i would simply had nothing to sell , period ....

Larry Sold its uad card thks to plugins coming with , imagine a sub and its impact on resell ..... resell is a must for 3 reasons 

1) it hollow paked people to sell and buy new stuff : positive for plugin makers

2) It allows people to acquire plugins at lower prices : positive for costumers

3) Brands gain new costumers in data base potential future buyers  : positive for plugin makers 

Sub kills all 3

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sergio said:

Jokes aside... I'd probably sign a $10/mo subscription for 10 plugins of my free choice from their entire catalog. But as this sounds so much like a reasonable proposal (IMO) It'd probably never happen.

I bet such offer would be considered by many people :) But for EU citizens it should be $6 for 10 plugs because VAT thing is increasing total cost for us.

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

issues for how to pay all their partners fairly based on the in coming subscription amounts.

I never thought of this. Your probably right about that. They thought they had it all figured out and it looked good on paper and sold the concept to their partners. Until some of the partners started thinking about it and said, "Wait a minute, this ain't making sense here."

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

The Spotify payment system doesn't work for music artists very and I think the same thing may apply here.

Very good point. PA making out like a bandit and the partners (musicians) ain't really getting their fair share.

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Sub kills

This^^^^