ghost cursor

martsave martin s

With “ghost cursor” I assume you mean the Now Time line and marker being displayed in the Console View? Using the last CbB I can’t recreate that issue regardless what I do. As Starship Krupa says, perhaps there’s an issue with your graphics card? Make sure you have installed the last version of your display driver.

Another more far-fetched possibility: I can see that you are using your own theme. Have you possibly made any modifications to the images under the node Theme > Time ruler > Markers? Or specifically to the color “Now Time Marker” and/or the image “Now Time Marker Stop”? That the Now Time line is displayed on top of the Now Time marker is really strange (see blow-up below). To test whether this problem might be theme related, check if it persists even after switching to one of the default themes Mercury or Tungsten.

NowTime.png.e25cdd8b02249bd38528cb9cd4ee3fd0.png

Edited by Canopus
Added a blow-up of the image to show the wrong z-order of Now Time graphics.

48 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

What kind of graphics card do you have? How many display monitors?

I've found that Cakewalk is happiest with more graphics memory. It doesn't seem to care much about having a fancy GPU, but when I'm running on two monitors, it likes more graphics RAM.

im using 1 monitor(HD-TV) im running the onboard intel-hd 530

I too have been having this "ghost" now time line appearing over other windows (PRV, console, etc.)  It is especially confusing when working in PRV which has its own time line marker.

The problem is random, not consistently reproducible but occurs frequently and has for a while now.

1 hour ago, winkpain said:

I too have been having this "ghost" now time line appearing over other windows

Are you using a custom theme as well ?

Using the latest Bandlab and haven't seen this. I did however have this issue in earlier versions of Sonar (Sonar Platinum 2017) but that was a bug they fixed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chuck E Baby said:

Are you using a custom theme as well ?

Using the latest Bandlab and haven't seen this. I did however have this issue in earlier versions of Sonar (Sonar Platinum 2017) but that was a bug they fixed.

@Chuck E Baby No, I am not using a custom theme. I've never even altered the default CW theme or used lenses in the past. I have had this "ghost" line for quite a while (more than a year), albeit completely random, inconsistent, yet often.

I had similar issues with the very first releases of CbB, but they went away around the second round of bug fixes.

If I moved the main window, the transport indicator (now time) would sometimes get disconnected on go floating off in space on the Windows desktop. But I thought those issues had been corrected.

Maybe not for all systems, so I'd suggest that for anyone reporting the issue, please include what kind of graphics chip/card your system has. That will help the developers and QA staff reproduce the issue and correct it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, winkpain said:

I have had this "ghost" line for quite a while (more than a year), albeit completely random, inconsistent, yet often.

And what version are you currently using ?

17 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

please include what kind of graphics chip/card your system has. That will help the developers and QA staff reproduce the issue and correct it.

Good advise right there ^

See I look at it this way, I haven't seen too many comments about this issue so it may be very difficult to repro in house, there for you might be able to supply Cakewalk with a project (I suggest each of you) but if they don't have similar hardware, GPU it will be even more difficult to repro in house.

the more info, the better.

If you've disabled any settings on the Visual Effects tab in Windows 'Performance Options' or chosen 'Adjust for Best Performance', change it to 'Adjust for Best Appearance'. The Now Time cursor depends on some of these graphics features to render properly, and there is really no performance benefit to be gained in Cakewalk by disabling any of them in my experience.

• Great Idea 1