news ish

pwal³

Talking about a new platform sounds like a subscription deal. What about the user who doesn't want everything? I intentionally don't want access to everything under the sun so I'm not even close to being down for subscribing monthly to an entire catalog of products. Brainworx is doing this but you can still buy individual stuff and though their prices are kinda nuts lately at least you don't pay forever, I hate that. Everything's a freakin subscription now man, they even got this t-shirt subscription deal where they send you a new t-shirt every month lol who the hell needs a new t-shirt each month.. and you don't even get to chose it lol anyway. This model only succeeds because people embrace it. We need to be in the streets w/ the rest of the old guard

• Like 2

Another issue that is raising up is the use of cloud based services to inject ransomware. There was the recent issue in Texas (22 city/county/local government agencies) as well as a number of dentist offices. In both circumstances the agencies/offices were using a cloud based service. The attackers came in through the service and then branched out to the individual offices and agencies.

Remember, 'cloud based' simply means someone else's computer-server instead of yours, and you have no control over it.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

who the hell needs a new t-shirt each month..

I know, right? The first one would still have at least a couple more weeks left of being worn inside out before it even needed washing.*

* Unless you're some kind of smelly slob.

I like NI. I read their public release on the subject and I believe they were sincerely sorry to have to let so many of their staff go.

I stopped thinking big companies are just out to make a profit and they don't care about anyone and they don't listen to their customers, etc. since I've worked for several. It's all about survival. Either they offer goods or services that people are willing to pay for, or they don't and they close up shop and guess what? All their employees are out of work. You have to stay relevant.