legacy multi voice chorus/flanger

mark skinner

Hello , on my old 32 bit Sonar programs , I have Cakewalk Multivoice chorus/flanger. I use the  "6 voice sparkling" preset on most of my Tele tracks and many other instruments.  Does anyone know how to simulate this patch in CbB or know of a 64 bit replacement. I can't see the specific settings on the plugin .    I've been exporting specific tracks out of CbB and then importing back in to get the sound I want.    Thanks ....   mark

Thanks for mentioning this plug-in.  (Is it the one below?) I have never used it before, but I am wondering if it is "safe" to use in the new Cakewalk (on a 64-bit system)? [Are DX FX problematic and should not be used?]  Thanks.

2019-09-04 - Cakewalk Flanger.jpg

2019-09-04 - Cakewalk Flanger - panel.jpg

Edited by MusicMan11712 (aka Dr. Steve)
Typo [DXi changed to DX]

This has available as a 64bit DX plug-in for some time. All DX plug-ins must run the same bitness as the host. In fact, 32bit DX plug-ins are not visible to 64bit hosts and 64bit DX plug-ins are not visible to 32bit hosts.

For SONAR X3 and older run the installer, choose the 64bit option, advanced install and select the 64bit plug-ins to install. Newer versions that included this plug-in have it in the SONAR installers itself so, the 64bit DAW must be installed to get this and the other "half rack" plug-ins that came from Project 5.

• Thanks 1

I used that on a session a few weeks ago, I stumbled across it somehow - and tried it just to see what it brought, and it worked out really well. I used it for an exaggerated  fake tape flange on a vocal chorus fade.

Dr. Steve , yes this is the plug in I'm referring to. It shows up in my fx chain but won't load up.  I've seen other effects and modules in th3 that show up , but didn't come with CbB.  All my other Sonar daws are 32 bit so all my other dx effects aren't usable in 64 bit CbB. Thanks to Skook for clearing this up for me (again).  I'm still looking for a replacement for this effect.     "It can get a little confusing to see something in your rack ,  that's not installed or even available"   Thanks ..  mark

I just downloaded Cakewalk Command Center on a pc with No daw installed on it , then downloaded a trial version of Sonar Platinum . The "trial" version doesn't have all of the effects or instruments as the full splat version.  Looking thru all the plugins , I'm seeing the same ones that won't load up in the trial version of splat or CbB.  Looks like the original CbB was built off of the old Splat trial version with all the same plugins showing up , but not installed.  I was thinking I had an install or effects scan problem but now I see whats happening.   I am still a very happy CbB user.         mark