lenses

martsave martin s

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also running build 2019-07 build 79, 64 bit, and lenses are seriously messed up.  Everytime I switch to a different screenset, it's as if Cakewalk randomly decides what to display in the screenset.  I have "None" selected for the lens.  Once I switch to the screenset, I have to select "None" again in the lenses to fix the issue.  You can see the UI going through some processing, and then everything appears correctly.

Anyone else having issues like this?

2 hours ago, Jim Kalinowski said:

I'm also running build 2019-07 build 79, 64 bit, and lenses are seriously messed up.  Everytime I switch to a different screenset, it's as if Cakewalk randomly decides what to display in the screenset.  I have "None" selected for the lens.  Once I switch to the screenset, I have to select "None" again in the lenses to fix the issue.  You can see the UI going through some processing, and then everything appears correctly.

Anyone else having issues like this?

I believe there was a post I read a few weeks ago that addressed some interactions between lenses and screensets.*  Since reading that, my novice use of lenses has made more sense.  Not saying they aren't messed up, but as I explore the uses of lenses, I am mindful that I really don't understand (1) how they work and (2) how the lenses feature and the screensets feature interact.  For a couple of test lenses, they have done what I wanted them to do.

At the risk of oversimplification, screenshots are "per project" while lenses are "global." (Maybe a power user can explain the nuances in better detail.)

So, for me, if I want screenshots to behave like they did before I played with lenses, I select "None."

I have only created about four or five test lenses, so I am not claiming expert knowledge; just saying that at this point for me I don't fully understand what's going on, not that they are seriously messed up. They might be, but based on what you wrote about having to choose "None," it sounded very much like my initial experiences. Apologies if you have been more thorough in your explorations of lenses and have indeed uncovered some "bugs."

*ADDENDUM: It might have been one or more of the posts in this thread, or a restatement of similar ideas.

Edited by MusicMan11712 (aka Dr. Steve)

The first time I opened Cakewalk I set up the GUI the way I wanted(within reason ;) ), then saved it as a Lens and use it as my default. I've never used screensets, they seem useless to me...if I was only going to work on one project forever it would make sense but I move on ;) That and a 4-monitor setup makes you spoiled!

Bill

• Like 1

I tried unchecking Windows Layouts and just about everything else in the Lens Manager, with no luck.  I'm not too surprised this didn't work because I have "None" selected as the lens.  Yet, when I change screensets the track view is messed up (missing tracks, floating folders, folders that won't expand or collapse).  I can fix it by reselecting "None" in the lenses pulldown (which is why I think this problem is related to lenses).

Today I tried using a lens (the "Advanced" lens that comes with cakewalk).  That lens also seemed to cause issues with the track view.

I have a reasonable work around, so it's not a show stopper.  Maybe it will be fixed in a future release.