Multi-out plugins: Make Instrument track name same as Midi track name?

MagBass

Hello everyone,

Is there a command or procedure to copy the name of a Midi track to its Instrument track (instead of the name automatically given showing the plugin instance and audio output port)?  This way a Midi track named "Bass" would have its audio track also named "Bass", etc.  Doing this manually for something like HALion Sonic or SampleTank is really tedious.

The item you've circled in red is the name of the audio output of your synth. It's name comes from the synth itself.

You can double click on this and give it a more friendly name.

If the synth, and the audio tracks for its outputs are saved as part of your template, these names will also be saved too.

Yes, I know how to change the name manually. I want to know if there's a command or procedure to simply make the audio output name the same as the Midi track name. Cutting and pasting 16 or more tracks is a tedious process; I'd like to click something and have all selected tracks simply copy the track names down to their respective output names. That's what I'm hoping exists or that Cakewalk would consider implementing.