Theme Editor Update

Matthew White

An update to the Theme Editor would be great, such as including currently unchangeable items and splitting up the colors more so changes to one item doesn't affect another as this can cause problems on other parts of the theme thus giving you no choice but to change the color of the original item and find a color that works on all parts of the theme that it changes. Access to a set of Icons/Symbols that Cakewalk uses would also be handy so we can change the whole image and re-layer the Icon/Symbol back on top.

Edited by Matthew White
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, do you know if there is a way in Theme Editor to edit the colors of the palette of the tracks? In my opinion they are too dark for the current black background. At the time I have no other way than clicking the "other" button and choosing a brighter color, but I would like to bright the main palette itself.

Thanks. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 5:37 PM, Mariano Germán Flores said:

Sorry, do you know if there is a way in Theme Editor to edit the colors of the palette of the tracks? In my opinion they are too dark for the current black background. At the time I have no other way than clicking the "other" button and choosing a brighter color, but I would like to bright the main palette itself.

Thanks. 

@Mariano Germán Flores Have you tried turning up the Saturation setting in Cakewalk preferences?

Sat.png

Edited by Matthew White
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Add a white background theme. The dark background is too difficult to read. Something similar to Cakewalk for Windows. I have been playing with the theme editor but I am a long way away from having something totally done. No doubt it's covers most objects.

It's like a theme with all of the colors inverted would do it.

IMHO.

17 hours ago, Awats said:

Add a white background theme. The dark background is too difficult to read. Something similar to Cakewalk for Windows. I have been playing with the theme editor but I am a long way away from having something totally done. No doubt it's covers most objects.

It's like a theme with all of the colors inverted would do it.

IMHO.

There are lighter themes available such as this....  Polar Blue Theme and this... White1 Theme (which is probably more the sort of thing you're after) and the included theme 'Mercury', but I would really recommend trying to create your own, it's a great way to get exactly what you want on all areas. 

• Like 1