Hope All Is Well With Mesh and the Guys on the Florida Coast

bayoubill

Dorian passed right over us when it was starting to form into a hurricane, but we were SOOOO lucky - all we got was some moderate winds and a bit of heavy rain - my thoughts are with the poor people of the Bahamas and I also hope it will dissipate now and not do too much damage to Florida and the East coast

Nigel

• Like 1

Just finished boarding up the place and getting ready to ride this out. We're all hoping for the best and hopefully it won't be too bad. Really felt for the folks in the Bahama's.....much prayers needed for them. 

Will keep chiming in until the power goes out......appreciate the thought and prayers.

Edited by Mesh
  • Like 6

It's starting to move away from me. I live just south of Fort Pierce.

No damage to the home, haven't lost power yet, but the ground is wet, trees are leaning, so that is still a possibility.

People with boats that can make the crossing will probably collect food and supplies. I've got a lot of non-perishable food I bought for the hurricane, if someone is going, the food is theirs. I also plan to donate blood, as type O is very versatile. If I didn't have gigs lined up, I'd volunteer to go over and help.

I feel for the Bahamians. If you can do something for them, please do, they are good neighbors.

Notes

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 8:53 AM, Pragi said:

I hope the Hurricane will path towards the sea and  everyone is save..

We got lucky and it did exactly that Pragi.

Thanks again everyone....back to normal life and now to check out the Deals forum.  😉

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mesh said:

We got lucky and it did exactly that Pragi.

Thanks again everyone....back to normal life and now to check out the Deals forum.  😉

Good to read  that the Hurricane went away of your  area,Mesh.

My thoughts go to the people of the Bahamas which remind me to be thankful

for every day of my life  .

• Like 2

They started collecting for a Boat-Lift today. The paper listed a number of collection points, I chose the closest and was happy to see a half dozen people there making donations.

I had an 8'x10' cabin tent I haven't used in a few years and figured someone without a house needs it more than I do so I donated it, along with an ice-chest cooler.

I went out and bought a case of Vienna Sausages, huge pack of 30 rolls of toilet paper, and a case of D cell batteries and added that to the donation.

They should be on their way to the Bahamas by tomorrow morning as long as the seas aren't too rough.

Local boat owners are donating their time and fuel to cart these supplies over and give them to the people who need them. By many of us doing a little each, it will mean a lot.

Notes

• Like 4

There were too many donations from our 3 county area for a boat lift so my tent, food and paper plus the contributions of hundreds of others are now on an ocean-going barge pulled by a tug to the Bahamas. It should get there by tomorrow.

It's a good start, but our good neighbors to the east will need help for a long time to come.

Notes

Edited by Notes_Norton
typo
  • Like 2