Crash during playback

Alcar28

Hi,

I was working on a project for concert band, with some samples from EWQLSO Gold, with "Play" and suddenly CbB crashed, asking me if I wanted to save my work.

Here is attached the error message.

Now, Cakewalk refuses to close.

Thanks for your help.

I have Win 10, Intel Core i7, 16 Go RAM, SSD 256 for system and HDD 1 To for sounds, and HDD 1 To for projects.

Pb CbB.png

1 hour ago, Alcar28 said:

Here is a link with a better image

https://imgur.com/dzKAGTh

Well THERE'S your problem - it's in French!  (kidding, and, as a side note, I can still read French somewhat, after taking 9 years of it in school and playing basketball in France years ago.  To me, it is one of the most beautiful languages to hear spoken).

Anyways - indeed it is Play that crashed, which is the sampler sound engine that EastWest uses for their sounds.  The error itself is an access violation, and is caused when a program (Play) tries to access a memory location that doesn't 'belong' to it - programs allocate chunks of memory and then they load various things into it and manage it, and access it, etc. Well, if an address pointer gets corrupted (filled with either all zeros or some errant value), or the program has released previously allocated memory but then still tries to access it, and then the program's logic tries to work on something using that bad address pointer, VOILA - an access violation will occur, and the program will crash.

I would suggest you run the EastWest Installation Manager software, and make sure you have the most recent version of Play installed (if an update to Play is available, it will show up in the top section of the EastWest Installation Manager window).

I would also suggest you make sure Windows is also up to date with updates.

Bob Bone