TASCAM Porta ONE free for TASCAM owners

satya

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/tascamregistration/

The T-RackS PORTA ONE giveaway is aimed at users of numerous TASCAM recording products. The 25 models include: Model 12, Model 16, Model 24, SERIES 8p Dyna, TA-1VP, Portacapture X8, Portacapture X6, DP-006, DP-008EX, DP-03SD, DR-05X, DR-07X, DR -40X, DR-44WL, DR-100MKIII, GB-10, MiniSTUDIO US-32, MiniSTUDIO US-42, Mixcast 4, SERIES 102i, SERIES 208i, US-16x08, US-1x2HR, US-2x2HR, US-4x4HR. *

Those who visit the TASCAM ID portal to create an account and register any of the eligible products will be rewarded for their efforts. TASCAM will then send you a free code for the IK Multimedia T-RackS PORTA ONE software. After receiving the code, users only need to visit the IK Multimedia registration page to use the software.

The promotion runs until August 31, 2023.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Greg said:

I had a PortaTwo back in the day.  Miss my FSK time code 4 track synced to Cubase on the Atari!

I did not FSK time code sync until I got a Tascam 80-8. 7 pristine tape audio tracks and 'unlimited' MIDI tracks in Voyetra Sequencer Plus Gold.

Porta One was record-bounce-repeat until all I got was mush!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bapu said:

I did not FSK time code sync until I got a Tascam 80-8. 7 pristine tape audio tracks and 'unlimited' MIDI tracks in Voyetra Sequencer Plus Gold.

Porta One was record-bounce-repeat until all I got was mush!

I had a JL Cooper PPS1 I believe.  Then as now I probably had as much fun trying to get everything to work as I did actual recording.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

What happened to that company 

They (Voyetra) teamed up with Turtle Beach and released DOP
http://www.vgmpf.com/Wiki/index.php/Digital_Orchestrator_Pro

I had it (still have the disks somewhere) and it was capable of recording audio.

I think Turtle Beach thought of it more as a vehicle to move their hardware (soundcards) and not as a viable product in itself.
From what I recall it never really caught on big.  Don't recall it being heavily marketed (compared to other audio products, though I recall it being advertised in the back pages of Electronic Musician and other magazines). 

I loved it.  I didn't have to buy a MAC to record audio!
Soon Cubase & Cakewalk had DAWs that could record audio** on PCs and DOP (which AFAIK never got out of v1) was just left behind. Turtle Beach never further invested in DOP or sold its interests.
**maybe they already did and I just didn't have the money to consider them...

Maybe my memory's a little murky so might be off on a detail or two, but I went from Voyetra Sequencer Plus Gold to DOP to Sonar 2.x...

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Greg said:

I had a JL Cooper PPS1 I believe.  Then as now I probably had as much fun trying to get everything to work as I did actual recording.  

I had that too!  It was terrific!  I could sync my DAW (Seq +) up to a 24 track machine and add acoustic instrumentation  & vocals.

In the '80s I enhanced my engineering income by working with a number of Middle Eastern composers/arrangers.
I would have them come over to my apartment and we would record all the MIDI parts on Sequencer Plus and then take them into a 24track studio and bounce them to tape.  Then we'd record the acoustic parts (hand drums and other percussion, orchestral tracks) then finally the singer would show up and perform his or her vocals. 

I remember one time the arranger forgot to verify the key of the song with the singer and she couldn't sing it.
We had to rerecord all the pitched instruments - the MIDI stuff was easy to fix as I just transposed them in SEQ+ and we redumped them to tape, but there were no decent audio pitch transposers in those days so we had to book more studio time and redo all the strings (real violins, etc.), oud, santor, etc.

Eventually my orchestration clients realized that they could buy their own computers and software and learn how to do what I was charging them for. So I gradually transitioned into building custom computer rigs for them and training them how to use them (they were going that route anyway, might as well capture some income from it before it entirely evaporated) - that was how I ended up transitioning into computers, IT and programming. 
One of my early programs was a database program for an arranger I worked with to track his contacts and expenses.

Edited by TheSteven