Studio One 4.5.3

cclarry

On 9/3/2019 at 9:06 PM, jesse g said:

but honestly, I'm so use to doing everything in Cakewalk

I think this is the most important part of your question. Unless you have a grotesque workflow gap, another DAW (any DAW) may throw a learning curve at you that will impact production (for a period). SOP includes instruments and plugins that are useful, but not necessarily useful for everyone, and I think the proficiency with whichever DAW can benefit more (sometimes with 3rd party stuff thrown in). Bottom line is really your personal preference. With Artist you can certainly judge if you like the workflow or not, then go from there.

I bought SOP the Christmas before the "Great Debacle of 2017" (best deals for cross grades are typically the holidays), and use that more these days; but I do swap back to CbB for "sheer speed" at times, yet there are niggles in both. I have found if you spread proficiency too thin, you will start to lose it everywhere, so that is something to keep in mind as well. Unless there is a "must have" in there someplace, sticking with what works for you isn't necessarily a bad thing.

17 hours ago, Piotr said:

But still.... For instance biggest Sonar's resolution for notes is 1/128 while S1 only 1/64... I tried to suggest to PreSonus improvement but seems they don't find it so important.  But it improves precision in everything related to snap in audio editing. Pro musicians in fact are precise even more than at 1/128 resolution.

I have 128, 256 and 512. You just add a file to the correct location and bobs your uncle, can't recall the specifics now, but it was easy as

S1 Qz.jpg

Edited by ZipCode

3 hours ago, ZipCode said:

I have 128, 256 and 512. You just add a file to the correct location and bobs your uncle, can't recall the specifics now, but it was easy as

S1 Qz.jpg

Yep, I can add preset and name it anything, the question is  are you able to setup grid with resolution 1/128? Is it really quantize to this measure?

s1-grid.jpg.ce679625d8b947c1ccac796227a81fe7.jpg

I googled that and found a forum thread with kind of reference to mystery zip on daw.one, but site not available so no way to check :(

10 hours ago, mettelus said:

I think this is the most important part of your question. Unless you have a grotesque workflow gap, another DAW (any DAW) may throw a learning curve at you that will impact production (for a period). SOP includes instruments and plugins that are useful, but not necessarily useful for everyone, and I think the proficiency with whichever DAW can benefit more (sometimes with 3rd party stuff thrown in). Bottom line is really your personal preference. With Artist you can certainly judge if you like the workflow or not, then go from there.

I bought SOP the Christmas before the "Great Debacle of 2017" (best deals for cross grades are typically the holidays), and use that more these days; but I do swap back to CbB for "sheer speed" at times, yet there are niggles in both. I have found if you spread proficiency too thin, you will start to lose it everywhere, so that is something to keep in mind as well. Unless there is a "must have" in there someplace, sticking with what works for you isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Or that constraint will actually motive , boost creativity , and make you learn new stuff even on your old daw ...this what happened to me ;) 

done it with s1 , done it reçently with cubase ...that forced le to go deeper in s1 then lol in the arrangement , groove options, stretch editing ect ..

Guyz i noticed something cool today , did ya know that you can , on an instuments , save a preset with the option "instruments presets + FX presets" , i did this for eastwaest gosthwriter + amplitube preset and it's a superb goodie ...never noticed that !!

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Zo said:

Guyz i noticed something cool today , did ya know that you can , on an instuments , save a preset with the option "instruments presets + FX presets" , i did this for eastwaest gosthwriter + amplitube preset and it's a superb goodie ...never noticed that !!

Nice find!

Edited by John Maar