Studio One 4.5.3

cclarry

This update delivers Studio One users’ number one feature request by adding support for Native Instruments’ Komplete Kontrol series keyboards.

Studio One 4.5.3 adds several other improvements and enhancements, such as;

A Remove Plug-in Settings function for the Plug-in Manager,

New commands for Vertical Zoom In/Out Fine, a

The ability to apply the Select Notes command to muted notes.

Support has also been added for the Apple Notarization service in macOS 10.14 Mojave and 10.15 Catalina.

The update is free to existing users and should appear in user accounts shortly or as a prompt when starting Studio One software.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New features and improvements:
● Support for Native Instruments’ Komplete Kontrol MkII series keyboards ( Integration sheet is in your account under Downloads -> Misc )
● [macOS] Support for Apple Notarization service
● "Remove Plug-in Settings" function for Plug-in Manager
● Volume automation curve now compensates logarithmic fader curve
● "Select Notes" command is now applicable to muted notes
● Channel polarity switch is now excluded from grouping
● Added commands for "vertical zoom in/out fine"
● Dragging multiple Patterns to the browser is now supported
● Improved sidechain handling for VST2 Plug-ins
● Improved Chinese localization

The following issues have been fixed:
● [Mixer] Sends are hidden under certain conditions
● [Mixer] Side-chaining with Mix FX included will mute under certain conditions
● [Mixer] Lag on VCA fader adjustment
● [Scratch Pad] Wrong instrument part length when using step record
● [Scratch Pad] Lost focus when using “locate cursor” function
● [Scratch Pad] Loop range lost when dragged across arrangement border
● [Pattern Editor] Variation name cannot be edited from pattern editor toolbar
● [Audio Batch Converter] Crash on repairing sample rate with certain mp3 files
● Multi Instrument transform restore omits channel inserts

● Qwerty Keyboard device has wrong mapping in Swiss and Canadian French layout
● No input metering during record w/ tape style and disabled monitoring
● Crash on invoking "Insert Rest" command when not in Step Record mode
● When "snap" is disabled, "play selected range" won't stop when playing small audio segments
● Using Shift+S as keyboard shortcut for "Solo" triggers "Solo Safe" instead
● Random freezes on previewing MIDI files from the browser
● Softube Console 1 AU not properly unloaded on removal
● Altered metronome accent volume resets to default on relaunch

● Decimals missing in Export dialogs
● Instrument preset list and browser out of sync
● Chord track offset when chord doesn't start at event start
● Certain MP3 files won't import
● First notes missing on bounce in certain cases
● Short notes being dropped with large block sizes

Guys,

Which DAW do you prefer using more, Studio One or Sonar Plati,  AHEMM, or Cakewalk By Bandlab?

Can you tell us why?  

I have Studio One Artist, but honestly, I'm so use to doing everything in Cakewalk; I didn't want to even try a new DAW.

Edited by jesse g

37 minutes ago, jesse g said:

Guys,

Which DAW do you prefer using more, Studio One or Sonar Plati,  AHEMM, or Cakewalk By Bandlab?

Can you tell us why?  

I have Studio One Artist, but honestly, I'm so use to doing everything in Cakewalk; I didn't want to even try a new DAW.

Well im since one year producing in S1 , last album was done fully in sonar , and i tried the last song in studio one , it went ok so i jumped ... but still miss some stuff here and there but so far , while less solid cpu wise it s more fun in production ...

now came cubase out of noware , abd the version 10 is finally great , the only thing making me crazy in is how it handles overlapping audio , what a waist of time ...so for now , cubase is replacing protools easily. Here undrstand here for clients sessions and recording , while petsonnal projects gonna be S1 and sonar ...

45 minutes ago, ZipCode said:

I had no issues with lagging with 4.5.2.

You can always install any update to a new folder leaving your 4.5.1 alone and as is while checking out the new update.

Yep one thing i like bout presonus ...

I jumped on Studio One when Gibson folded Sonar, and things at the time looked like the end of Sonar.

But try as I may and I even upgraded to the V4 I can't get into Studio One.  

I'm also one of those that is still using Sonar Platinum.  My use is basically as a "multi track tape recorder" as I 

rarely use any MIDI, just all analog tracks and Sonar Platinum does what I need to do.   I have the Bandlab version

but it doesn't offer anything more for my use.  

13 hours ago, jesse g said:

Guys,

Can you tell us why?  

I jumped ship to PS1 when CW crashed and PS1 is now my main DAW.  There are things I really like about PS. most notably is how intuitive it is (but then I had  been working with DAWs for 20 years so PS1 should have been "intuitive").  To me PS is much more lean and efficient feeling than SBB, and I can run a ton of tracks and plugins at low latency with no issues whatsoever.  I noticed that with SBB I was getting dropouts like crazy with a 7-8 tracks and 2-3 plugins per track.  On the other hand, I deeply miss the elegance of SBB.  That thing is simply beautiful.   Also, I found it was laid out in a way that facilitated my work-flow, that's not always the case with PS1.  I liked the Pro-channel, fx bin and track view all right there.  Anyway, I delighted that SBB lives on. 

When Sonar seemed to be abandoned in development I bought S1. But still my first choice is mostly CbB. In few things it is class for its own. If it only would be not so crashy (I have had zylion of crashes for different reasons on 2 different comps) and if it's workflow things were finished...

But still.... For instance biggest Sonar's resolution for notes is 1/128 while S1 only 1/64... I tried to suggest to PreSonus improvement but seems they don't find it so important.  But it improves precision in everything related to snap in audio editing. Pro musicians in fact are precise even more than at 1/128 resolution.

To verify efficiency of practicing I am using always Sonar thanks to its better resolution.

In GUI customization it is also much better than S1. Pro channel is also nice thing. It is so pity it was not supported and opened to 3-parties much more... It would be great to have it as a standard ;)

Also GUI of Sonar I am finding the best between any other DAWs I have seen.

I  purchased S1 so all of my eggs weren't in one basket. I've been using Sonar since it came out. I didn't want to get left holding the proverbial bag and thought it would be wise to learn another daw. Turns out S1 fits my work flow nicely, the project page puts it over the top for me. I still use CBB from time to time but S1 is my main squeeze.

Rocky

I started with Studio One, but switched to SPlat, for the forum as much as anything else. It was always a good place to hang out and learn a thing or three. Went back to Studio One when SPlat dropped a deuce. It does what I need. The project page is a great feature. Melodyne integration has always been pretty good. And its drag-and-drop support is excellent.

Lots of peeps like free stuff, but I'm more of a bought-and-paid-for guy. Weird, I know.

• Like 1

People with "degrees" don't understand the concept of 
"Alienation".  It's always good to shoot for "New" customers...
but NOT at the expense of "Alienating" existing ones.  Companies
Marketing Depts do this all too often, never quite thinking the 
process through...